1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Gunmetal grey rims (5)

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by capt.rick, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I've got a great idea. Sell them on eBay or CL that way you won't get your butt hurt.

Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    And pics are needed per forum rules.

3. Feb 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    sierrahsky

sierrahsky Expedition Style

Member:
    I talked to the OP a while ago when he sent me a message after I asked about his wheels for sale. The pics were awesome and the wheels looked pristine. The only thing for me was it just was way way out of my budget. I work for a Toyota dealership and I have access to see how many of these we can get and for what price, and for most of the dealerships as long as you provide a vin # you are fine. Toyota calls us up and verifies the issue. HOWEVER the last time I tried to get these for myself, toyota would not accept a vin # that was a for sale truck. We had to have a vin # and customer information for the vehicle.

I think this are priced high but supply and demand, just like people who sell hotwheels cars for millions these wheels are awesome and someone will enjoy them.

Good luck with sale and hope it goes well.

4. Feb 26, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    capt.rick

capt.rick [OP] Member

Member:
    cheshire ct.
    Vehicle:
    79 fj40
    Heres the pict
    89e4e479_5b5890f5510171f05e30dbf383adb07917c7d50e.jpg

5. Mar 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    capt.rick

capt.rick [OP] Member

Member:
    cheshire ct.
    Vehicle:
    79 fj40
  6. Mar 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    John

John Member

Member:
    I'm looking for a set of these wheels but $1100 is a touch high. Any chance you'd take a touch less? Or does anyone else have a lead on these?

7. Mar 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Do you get a bowl of crack with the wheels for that price :eek:

8. Mar 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    John

John Member

Member:
    I'm not specifically interested in crack at the moment so I'm hoping that it doesn't come with the wheels... They're gorgeous wheels and my toyota dealer says he just checked the warehouse and they have HUNDREDS!........but.... he can't order them for me... BUT..... if he could they'd be $150 per wheel. So I guess Toyota has decided that they'll sit on them until they're worthless at which point who knows... But I digress... I don't want crack... Just a nice set of these wheels... Ricks look gorgeous but are just a bit out of my price range...

P.S. Sorry for all the hating Rick... I think sometimes us Taco guys don't appreciate you FJ guys... Or maybe it's all the crack we do.. Err something..

P.P.S Is your price negotiable?

9. Mar 8, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Just wheeled with a guy in Anza and he picked them up from his dealer (used but no damage at all) for $150 each. And yes, they were the all important gunmetal. I think it was the Hollywood dealer.

10. Mar 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

Lol I think my joke was taken the wrong way? Why cant they be ordered?

11. Mar 8, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    John

John Member

Member:
    I was being sarcastic about the crack..... "crack." Supposedly the answer that I've gotten is that Toyota is very protective over their SE's and don't want me to be able to "turn my Taco in a pseudo Special Edition blah blah blah...." I have no idea. It makes no sense. I'm like, "Hi, I have money to give you for the product that you have." And they're like, "Nah, we're good. Not interested in your money. We're more interested in killing people with our death ray floor mats."

So anyway. I've found countless places where dealerships have offered them, mostly on ebay for $125 a wheel. But this was a few years back. So everyone that is selling them now must have purchased them then, and now wants to double their investment. I can't judge that, I like to make good investments too. It just sucks knowing these things are sitting in warehouses gathering dust and I'm left paying $$$$$$ for them.

12. Mar 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport

That's crazy that Toyota is being so weird about it!

13. Mar 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    John

John Member

Member:
    I just don't get how these were available, but now aren't. If what Toyota says is true then no one should have "brand new in box" SE Gun Metal wheels. But for whatever reason there was a window in which these were available. That window has closed and who knows when it will reopen. It stands to reason that it will reopen, (would they really let these rot on their shelves?) the question is when.

14. Mar 8, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    MikeD20

MikeD20 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Azusa
    Vehicle:
    2011 4X4 TRD Sport DC LB debadged Tacoma
    TRD CAI, TRD oil cap, TRD radiator cap, TRD catback exhaust, 8K HID headlights, 3K Yellow HID fog lights, 2.5 in Velocity front leveling kit, 1.5 in Velocity Rear leveling kit, TRD Trail Team Edition wheels, Westin Ultimate Bull Bar, Weather Tech floor liners, limo tint all around, Viper 5901 w/remote start, Pioneer 4300DVD HU, ipod adapter, XM Radio, Image Dynamics XS65, Image Dynamics CTX65, Image Dynamics IDQ10V3, JL 500/1 and JL 300/4 amps, Mr,Marv custom sub enclosure and amp rack, RAAMMAT and ensolite sound deadening.
    Bump for these wheels. I have a set of the black Trail Team Edition wheels and the dealer had to do a lot of swapping to be able to get these on my truck when I bought it.

15. Mar 8, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    toytruck

toytruck Member

Member:
    how much for just 1 shipped to 92843? :)

16. Mar 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    John

John Member

Member:
  17. Mar 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I hate to even have to say this but if the only barrier to getting them at 150 a pop is to have your buddy with an FJ pick them up for you? Wow! A good book for you to read is How To Win Friends and Influence People. Hell I know if I wanted these puppies (look nice but for what I do, I would scrape the heck out of them!), I would ask the closest neighbor that has an FJ. Some people buy new wheels every six months - look at Ray, BrandonH, and myself! I have purchased 3 sets of wheels so far. :eek:

18. Mar 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    John

John Member

Member:
    Unfortunately it isn't that simple... This is a direct quote from my sales guy, "Yeah you can't just have an FJ. You have to have a 2007 SE Trail Teams FJ and your original wheels have to be destroyed. Toyota requires proof of that in terms of a VIN number corresponding to your name and a police report stating the damage."

I would laugh at this. Because it is laughable. But it means that instead of paying $650 for 5 wheels I'll have to pay almost double. So I'm not laughing.

19. Mar 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    xodeuce

xodeuce mmmmmmbourbon.

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 UZJ100

Products Discussed in

To Top