1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Short Shifter

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TRD Larry, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Oct 31, 2007 at 7:12 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Has anyone installed this in their truck. I have stt and did not find much. A few have installed the URD shifter. I am interested in the TRD Short Shifter because of the warrenty. I plan on installing in a 2008 TRD sport , Access cab. I am just curious if anyone has installed the TRD short shifter and what you thoughts are on it. Was it worth it?

2. Nov 1, 2007 at 6:26 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    I have the URD and love it, I have seen the TRD on a truck and the shift itself is shorter than the URD. Other that that they are both a huge improvement over stock.

3. Nov 1, 2007 at 3:21 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Thanks HomerJ for the reply. After I posted the thread I discovered I posted in the wrong place. I didn't want to post in the new member forum, it was supposed to go in the 2nd generation forum. i don't know how to move it.

I appreciate your response, I am planning on installing the short shifter next month.

4. Nov 1, 2007 at 3:30 PM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    It's WAAAY worth the money

5. Nov 1, 2007 at 9:23 PM
    morcheez

morcheez Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    05 XRunner BSP
    A BUNCH
    i have the urd and wouldnt trade it for anything considering the price...if ther is ever an issue its pretty easy to take out

Products Discussed in

To Top