1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trd supercharger

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by kooc, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Aug 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    kooc

kooc [OP] Clues Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    ken
    az
    Vehicle:
    2013 2022 trdoff road
    WAREN WINCH,dakar springs and front kit on 20222013, topper on both trucks winchs on both warn winch mount on 2013 warn Biden mount on 2022
    This is my first post. Really new at this. I'm considering a trd supercharger as I occationally pull a scamp trailer. Is it worth the expence? will it hurt my milage or increase it, would it be hard on the manual transmission? Where is one available?

2. Aug 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    The supercharger does have a lot of consiquences, both good and bad.

The best and obvious is the immense power boost.

Some of the bad is that you have to run premium gas, and it WILL hurt your mileage.

3. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    As dgerm stated, it will hurt MPG, but will give significant boost in power. I would imagine it could add some wear to the clutch, but too sure. I am not a S/C expert by any means.

Try trdparts4u.com for a supercharger. http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-BBG-CAGB.aspx

BTW, I see you are/were in the Signal Corps. You at Fort Huachuca by chance?

4. Aug 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    It will bring your MPG down as it's a continous draw of power from the engine (as it's run via belt). However, wearing components out faster depends more on your driving style than anything. Getting a supercharger pretty much means you're gunna be abusing it (flooring it constantly ect) so yea, it's going to wear stuff down quicker. How much and how fast... I have no idea but I doubt much on these trucks. Your clutch would only wear out quicker if you shift improperly and under WOT shifts as it has to deal with more power.

Just a side note... with turbo's you can actually see a slight millage improvement with conservative driving :D

5. Aug 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    kooc

kooc [OP] Clues Hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    ken
    az
    Vehicle:
    2013 2022 trdoff road
    WAREN WINCH,dakar springs and front kit on 20222013, topper on both trucks winchs on both warn winch mount on 2013 warn Biden mount on 2022
    I was in the313th signal corp in France and Germany hdqrts was in Ft Huachuca at that time. Thanks for the info. Ken

6. Aug 26, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    BOVADS

BOVADS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Unless your a "tuner" i wouldnt recomend it, to get it to work right and not ping, you really need the 7th injector and urd controlers, ive installed and and tuned a couple for other people and for the money they really arent worth it. now... if you had a '05+ taco I highly recomend it, its intercooler and it makes a HUGE difference!! they are fun to drive on road and off. i uilt a LT truck for a guy that had one installed on his '08 and the thing is a HP monster!, im guessing 305-315hp. runs on premium and reg unleaded with no side effects. it runs really good on race gas after you've reset KAM.:D It pulls stock gears with 35's easily

Products Discussed in

To Top