1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by brad88nl, May 20, 2010.

1. May 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    brad88nl

brad88nl [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Penticton, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's
    I'm still fairly new to Toyota World, so my apologies if this is a question that has already been asked a thousand times in the past.

I recently purchased my first Tacoma, it's a 2010 4 Dr TRD Sport, black. I love the look of the truck as it is; but after browsing though some of the amazing modification pics on this site, I am now hooked on doing a few clean mods of my own!

I noticed that some Members have the FJ Gun Powder Black TRD wheels on their Tacoms... They look amazing. I went to my Toyota Dealership and priced out a set for approx $1500 Canadian. I was just wondering if I could get the TRD wheels from any other location that might sell them a little cheaper than factory price? I know its a long shot, but I thought I'd ask around before I slap down that much cash.

Thanks guys.

2. May 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    crazybayman

crazybayman Oh 'eah

Member:
    Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 4.0L V6 Access Cab Standard
    AutoStart, Sirius Satellite Radio, 16x8 Moto Metal 955s, 265/75/16 Duratracs, Fog Lights, Skid plate
    FJ Wheels are pretty sweet.....no surprise on that price from the dealership, as they will flat out rip you off. I've even been quoted $650 a piece for the regular Tacoma 16" alloy wheels here at Toyota Plaza in NL. I'm certain they must do it to discourage selling parts, or to capitalize on people who need to replace rims. Crooks.

anyways, first place that comes to mind to find FJ wheels is ebay. There are some there as we speak, though they are single wheels, they're not the gun powder black ones, they're not a set of 4, and some are used. And they don't have the centre caps.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. May 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    brad88nl

brad88nl [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Penticton, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's
    Yeah I've taken a good look around and can't seem to locate them anywhere at all. That's it, maybe if I decide I like them enough, I'll suck it up and get them. Until then I'll just keep on looking!

I'm from Conception Bay South by the way, just working away from home here now. Good to see someone from home on this site! Take er easy!

Products Discussed in

To Top