1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trouble Code T1094??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vivica89, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    vivica89

vivica89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD PreRunner Double Cab
    I just went to Pep Boys and had them run a diagnostic trouble code for the Check Engine light and they provided with code T1094. Is this right? Does anyone know what code this is? He said the "T" stands for Toyota.

Thanks,
    Vivica

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Could it have been "P" instead of "T"? The only codes I'm aware of start with "P"...

P0194 translates to 'Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Intermittent' but I can't find a 1094 anywhere...

3. Jan 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    vivica89

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    I called to verify if it was a T or P and he said it was a "T" as in Toyota. Not sure if he provided with the wrong code.

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Never seen a "T" code before.. what's going wrong? There's enough smart folks here to at least take an educated guess at it...

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    bmgreene

bmgreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    L.A. Westside
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Prinsu Cabrack, DIY custom in-bed storage/sleeping deck, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    if the T just means toyota, it may be a quirk of their code reader identifying the vehicle make and it's really a "P" code.

Which Pep Boys location? Did you actually see the code reader or are you taking their word for what the code number was?

I haven't taken a vehicle to a Pep Boys service dept in 15 years for a reason. Reading an OBD2 scanner should be the 2nd simplest thing these guys do after removing a lugnut, but I've seen more disappointing results at some PB locations around L.A. over the years.

6. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    vivica89

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    I believe they gave me the wrong code. I have tried with the P and the numbers, and no code matches. They provided free service, so that is the reason I went to PB. It's the one in La Mirada on Rosecrans. Is there any places you recommend? The truck runs fine, do you think it would be alright to drive it?

7. Jan 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    bmgreene

bmgreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    L.A. Westside
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Prinsu Cabrack, DIY custom in-bed storage/sleeping deck, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    In that area I'm not sure. I know AAMCO advertises that they'll read codes for free and I'm taking my RX8 in there on Friday to get a code pulled (that car runs fine as well, and I'm pretty sure my light is either from something I can fix myself or is a false alarm but I want to make sure), but I've heard there's lots of complaints about their repairs on bizrate.

I'd probably be careful with Toyota of Buena Park (bought my '97 Tacoma there back in the day and they tried to screw me pretty hard on buying out the lease), although I never had any trouble with their service department myself their overall management is apparently somewhat shady. I pretty much did all my own maintainence except for major (30k mile) intervals when I lived in that area.

Did you try calling Autozone, Napa or Kragen about fees for reading codes? Since they don't have service bays they'll likely be using a handheld scanner and would probably let you watch or read the scanner code for yourself. I do remember thinking the guys at the Pep Boys on Lincoln (somewhere around Knott or Beach) seemed more competent and alert than the ones at the downtown L.A. (Washington & Hoover) PB I used to go to in college. I did once get a free or cheap diagnostic run at Sears, but that was almost 20 years ago and in Montana; not sure what their policies are here and now.

If the real code is the P0194 for the intermittent fuel rail sensor, the simplest explanation would be a loose/worn wire or harness but you'll need someone with a shop manual or wiring diagram to tell you which one it might be or where it's located and how to access it (fuel rail should be on top of the engine near the intake manifold, but might be obscured by some other part, and on the V6 there'll probably be two of them with one on each side). Unfortunately if that's the case you might be looking at something that'll cost about as much to inspect as it would to repair since the parts cost would be minor and the bill is mostly for the time to get at it then reassemble everything.

Keep in mind that if it costs more than $50 to get someone who knows what they're doing to read the code, that you can buy a OBD2 reader and do it yourself for about the same price (should have a connector similar to an old-fashioned computer printer cable, and the connection in the car is usually fairly easily accessable under the dash; owners manual should say where it is).

8. Jan 7, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    autozone will check the codes for free too. if you need a local mechanic pm. i live pretty close to you and my mechanic is in downey

9. Jan 7, 2010 at 6:08 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    On BMW thats for a O2 sensor

On a Subaru thats for a Tumbler generator valve