1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trouble starting

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by clockwork, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Jul 28, 2008 at 10:04 AM
    clockwork

clockwork [OP] New Member

Member:
    dover, PA
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    only stock vehicle i have
    I have a 95 2.7L 4x4 and it has been giving me some issues starting for the last couple of weeks. The truck cranks but won't start and it may take anywhere from 5-15 tries before it finally starts. this doesn’t happen all the time, sometimes it will go a day or so with no issue then the next day it will give me problems every time I go to start it. Every so often when it’s trying to start it really shakes the truck bad. I am looking for some opinions and help on where to start my troubleshooting. I have already had my battery checked and it is fine. I am hoping to get this resolved because it's getting very annoying.

2. Jul 28, 2008 at 7:39 PM
    backwoodking

backwoodking Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thousand Oaks/Southern CA
    Vehicle:
    3.4 V6 Deck Plate and Cut Turn-Down
    Deck Plate, Hitch, Cut Turn-Down Exhaust, Tint, Clear Corners, Shell, Full Size bed in the pickup, Hopefully More Soon
    Mine sometimes take too much time to start than I would like. I haven't changed the fuel filter in awhile. If that doesn't change than I am going to look into a fuel pump. Then the plugs and wires. Just some ideas Ill let you know how that turns out. Good luck

3. Jul 29, 2008 at 6:25 AM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    Check your MAF sensor i had a 93 toyota pickup with the v-6 in it and it was doin what yours is doin and come to find out that sensor was bad. This is an easy fix and will save you alot of headaches!!

Good Luck

4. Jul 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM
    clockwork

clockwork [OP] New Member

Member:
    dover, PA
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    only stock vehicle i have
    thanks stucksucksnayota
    i did some searching and couldn't find a new MAF sensor at a reasonable price. $280 was the cheapest i found new and i didn't want to go with a used one. i found some info on cleaning the MAF sensor so i am going to try this first.

5. Jul 29, 2008 at 9:33 AM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    Ya i messed with mine for about a week got pissed off took it to a shop and they called me the next day and said well we got it fixed heres your bill. I dont remember how much it was but it was way to damn much for the work they did so i woul def. clean it out and see what happens.

I just remember mine would start and idle really rough like it was missing but i change my plugs and plug wire and it still did it then sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldnt.

Products Discussed in

To Top