1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck got broken into yesterday

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by awesomeguy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Jun 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    awesomeguy

awesomeguy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    08 Radiant Red TRD Sport
    Just an update. I talked to my insurance company today and gave them a run down of everything that happened. They told me they will cover everything and replace the stereo that was stolen. I took it down to the repair shop, their confident they can get everything like it was before and I should get my truck back by the end of the week. I've had other cars repair at this place and they always do a great job. Feeling a lot better now that everything is starting to get back to how it was.

2. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Good. That's why you pay for insurance.

3. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    awesomeguy, as a fellow SL'r, where was your truck parked? I work downtown and worry about parking in some less then desirable areas. There aren't many really bad places in SL but we do have some.

I've worked in downtown SL for 30+ years and only had 1 break in. They got a radar detector. This happened about 20 years ago.

4. Jun 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    awesomeguy

Member:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    08 Radiant Red TRD Sport
    Theres a business park just off of 5600 west between the 201 freeway and California ave, thats where I was at. You could actually see my truck from one of the main roads that goes through the area and the freeway plus people are always coming and going from all the different offices in the area. Thats why I was so surprised to have a break in at work because of it being a pretty nice, high traffic area. I've left my truck over night in some suspect areas and never a problem. My truck was broken into sometime between 12:30pm and 4:30pm in a visible spot.

5. Jun 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    ywen

ywen Well-Known Member

Member:
    damn.. people still steal head units? those things are so cheap nowadays..

I assume the OP didn't have some fancy touch screen pioneer model?

6. Jun 22, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    awesomeguy

Member:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    08 Radiant Red TRD Sport
    I had a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

7. Jun 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR/SX Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 3.5L
    A good thief can break in and get what they want or steal it in less than 3 minutes time. Most bystanders can not process what they see and react in a timely manner to report or stop such things.

If you act with purpose and act like your suppose to be there, no one will question what people are doing. Society has been desensitized to their external world with the mantra of "mind your own business" permeating this mindset.

I have seen meth and crack heads break into almost 20 cars in my neighbor hood one night just to grab loose change and what is sitting open in the console.

8. Jun 23, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    growing up on a bordertown, i had a bunch of stereos stolen. once on a jeep the thief neatly taped up all the broken wire ends and ziptied it all up neat!! i was stunned. the rest of the jobs, not so lucky. the entire town was getting ripped. we all got into the habit of covering the dashboard with a towel. it appeared like we were covering out dashes to protect them from the UV rays, but it really covered up the goods. thieves dont jack cars to "see what's under the towel".

i say hide the visual temptation. the violated feeling? you get over it. people go thru much much worse. this is a little problem.

and never ever pull into a parking space with the stereo BUMPIN! i shut the sounds off early and pull in, low profile. 100%. effen bordertowns!

Products Discussed in

To Top