1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck pulls while pressing the brakes

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Warhorseforever, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever [OP] Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Hi guys I've got a 2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5 3.4 V6 DC stock motor, trans, drive shaft, diff, but bigger tires than the door sticker tells me was on there. When riding down the road the whole truck will shake pretty heavily, starting around 45mph as a small vibe then at 60 it goes up to a pretty steady shake, the steering wheel will also move from side to side as if one of the tires' bands has separated. When slowing down using the brakes my steering wheel pulls to the right side along with the truck moving to the right. My tires have ~15,000 miles on them they are Goodyear wranglers size 265/70R16. I am going to have them re-balanced but I don't believe that them being out of balance would cause it to pull. I snapped some lug studs off a while back, when I pulled the wheels off to replace them I checked the brakes and they all had plenty of life left in them there was no gouging in the rotors or drums and the pads were flat with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of material on them same for the rotors. Could it be that they need replacing or rebleeding? A bad ball joint? Thanks for the help I know TW will be.

2. Oct 26, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    i have an 06 and mine does the same thing however to the left... my tires are a little out of balance but i know that (havent gotten my balance done in a little while) i have the 5100s set at the highest setting with stock uca's so the alignment is as close to perfect as we could get it with the limiting uca's but it pulls noticeable to the left when comming off the freeway and pressing the brakes and less noticably when coming to a stop at a stop light coming down from around 35-40. nothing that worries me just a little annoying

3. Oct 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Shaking sounds like a balance problem.
    Pulling sounds like an alignment or brake problem.
    Do the brakes pulse when stopping if so warped disc.

Products Discussed in

To Top