1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck Ransacked While in Walgreens (Waldorf, MD)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Agent475, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Nov 26, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Dude, you need to get out of Waldorf. It was beginning to get f'ed up way back when we used to cruise shoppers world on Friday/Saturday night.

Speaking of Waldorf, do they still have bands play at that place on the road that runs past the old Montgomery Wards disturbution center? I want to say it was called Sherman's Park, but I can't remember for sure.

08TACO4BANGER likes this.
  2. Nov 28, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 [OP] "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

I used to live in Northern VA - but my commute sucked... Now I at least have some back roads I can take to get to DC... That is pretty much why I moved there... I hate that I cannot open carry anymore like in VA... But ah well...

I have no clue about the bands - I moved to Waldorf in June timeframe... but I've never heard of it.

3. Nov 28, 2008 at 12:06 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
  4. Nov 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    thats horrible man. Atleast there was no structural damage. The guy could have ripped out your deck and fucked up your wiring harness royally in less than 3 minutes

5. Nov 28, 2008 at 1:14 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I absolutely disagree with this point. You said it twice in your post. I don't care how bad times are, it's never the victim's fault for being violated. I wish you'd caught him/her.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Ever thought about installing the lock/unlock beep? Worth every penny, IMO. I put one on my truck because I missed the noise... my last car had one. It's a good way to know for sure that the truck is locked tight.

I'm lucky to live in a very low-crime area, but I still lock my stuff all the time. I just don't trust the world.

6. Nov 28, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    That sucks man, but think that maybe if you jumped the guy while he was on your truck he could have got a gun....

but i know the feeling, just to think a stranger was searching trough your stuff and inside your vehicle its a damn feeling, reminds me when i got my sound system robbed from my old vw bug, i was very pissed and frustrated

7. Nov 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 MGray DC SB TRD-OR 4x4 V6 Auto SR5
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your truck man. I live in Fairfax, VA and although no one has messed with my truck yet (knock on wood) my neighbor had his car broken into two months ago. It wasn't bad enough that they stole his stuff, but they also has to slash his tires just to make things worse.

If you ever catch someone trying to steal from you again, then that would be the perfect time to practice some of your old Marine Corps Martial Arts Program skills.

8. Nov 28, 2008 at 3:54 PM
    slo2sixty

slo2sixty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse, NY
    Vehicle:
    19 cement DCSB TRD offroad
    that sucks... Last year somone smashed out one of my windows!!! And dident take ANYTHING :mad: but left the brick in my car. Glad to see everythings ok tho

9. Nov 28, 2008 at 5:16 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    All that weed.... Damn. :eek: The place was called Wilmer's Park. Right off of Cedarville Rd.

What part of NoVa you from? I moved to PW County about 13-14 years ago from PG County, the butthole of Md.

08TACO4BANGER likes this.
  10. Dec 1, 2008 at 5:59 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Haha - plus 6 years of some other stuff that I've trained in :D

Good idea - I might have to do that mod now...

I lived in Alexandria for a while - then moved to Stafford. Traffic was a hassle, so I moved in with my fiancee in Waldorf. :)

11. Dec 1, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Here's the link to the site where I bought it. Make sure you get a good tap on the wire to the lights... mine wasn't good the first time I installed and the beep only worked intermittently. I shaved a little of the wire off and re-tapped and it works like a charm now.

12. Dec 1, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    My girlfriend and I are looking to move from Fairfax late next year. Does PW County have bad traffic issues? Where is a good place to live there?

13. Dec 1, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    I enjoyed living in Stafford, VA for three years - but I gotta tell you.... Unless you leave REALLY early in the AM - you will be stuck in traffic on I-95. Thursdays and Friday's are especially bad, holidays are bad, etc... Imagine everyone from Deleware, PA, NY, and NJ heading south on the same day for Thanksgiving... VA is nice - nicer than MD... but that whole 95 corridor is terrible man. But I am assuming that you work in the DC Metro area....

You could look into Slugging to use the HOV lanes (http://www.slug-lines.com/) from there to DC and back - I drove the slug lines for a few years with zero problems... You actually meet pretty cool people. That'd be your best option... But miss the mark on the slug lines and you will end up in the main lines with the "idiots".

That said, at least me living in Waldorf, I have a few alternates if my main routes are backed up. Takes me about 45 min to an hour to get to the Pentagon... 30-40 min to get to Bolling AFB.

As for PWC, I used to drive through it everyday. Same issue as Stafford - except that you might get home sooner because you are a little closer.

Just food for thought...

Let me know if you have any more questions that I might be able to help you with...

14. Dec 1, 2008 at 7:20 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks a lot for the info man, that really does help!

I think Stafford will be out of the question for me for the reasons that you mentioned above. I work in DC near a Metro stop, so commuting isn't too big of a deal for me because I can always take a bus or train to Metro, and ride in the rest of the way. Right now I'm close enough to ride the Metro Bus in. Worst case I could always slug it in as you suggested. The problem is my girlfriend, she works at a law firm next to the Fair Oaks mall in Fairfax, so she has no options for public transportation. Wherever we move, she will have to drive all the way. And that also means that Maryland is out of the question, as that would put my work closer, but her work much further away. We were trying to figure out which one was worse, 95 or 66. I didn't realize that PWC was just as bad with traffic, so that seems to be limiting my options now.

Any suggestions on an area with single-family homes, that's not too overcrowded, and has relatively easy access to Fairfax?

15. Dec 1, 2008 at 7:24 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    Sorry man! Thanks for advice to lock doors always!

16. Dec 1, 2008 at 7:32 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Well bro... Isn't Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax? But you probably live in Fairfax proper... Hmmm...

I lived in Ashburn for a while and I gotta tell you - that sucked too. AND I had tp pay to use the road!!! LOL No joke!! 66, 50, 267, and Rt 7 all blow. I think both 66 and 95 are pretty much the same...

Where are you commuting to?

Sounds like she is commuting in opposite direction of rush hour... You might already be in the sweet spot - you know?

17. Dec 1, 2008 at 10:57 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    You're right, Fair Oaks Mall in is Fairfax, and my girlfriend's commute is only 15 minutes from our house and in the opposite direction of rush hour. The Metro Bus stops right next to my house and I commute to North West DC. I work a few blocks from the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro stop. So, you are right, I am in the sweet spot at the moment.

There are two reasons why we are moving: Our house is currently a duplex. So we are looking to get a single-family. And our mortgage and county taxes are so high that it is becoming unaffordable. My girlfriend's son starts college next fall, so we need to lower our expenses. A lot of houses in other counties seem to be the same size, and even larger, with half the mortgage that I am paying now. However, the commute will end up sucking. :mad:

I guess you just can't have it all!

18. Dec 1, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Ok, since she is going against the flow of traffic - it should be an easy commute for her regardless as long as you move east. Her commute may lengthen only 10 min or so… The further west you move - your commute will lengthen exponentially (if you are driving into DC area).

I'd recommend moving towards where you work or staying put (same general area).

A 15 minute commute is a diamond in the rough here... On SOME days (usually rainy holidays, early fed. Gov release for snow) my commute has been as long as 2.5 hours.

The going average for DC commutes is 30-40 min...

That said, to add some credibility for this topic– I was a cartographer for 6 years – 4 of which I did it in the Marines (who taught me what I know about mapping, terrain analysis, remote sensed imagery, etc). And I have lived in the DC area since 2002…

Good luck!

19. Dec 1, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    It depends where you live in PWC. I'm 15 minutes from 95, but I can also go thru Clifton in the same amount of time to hit 66, 50, 28 or the Fairfax/Reston Parkways.

Anything further west in PWC, Nokesville, Brentsville or, god forbid, down 28 really limits your choices to 66. 28 used to be a nightmare until they widened it down to Linton Hall Road. But past that it's a two lane road.

A trip to work in the opposite way of traffic is a plus. My job at Mt. Weather was like that, west on 66 in the morning and east in the evening.

You can get a very nice house right now in PWC, probably for alot less than you're paying now. The hard part is getting rid of what you have first.

20. Dec 2, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks again for all of your help! You've definitely got the creditability, so I do trust your judgment and advice. I will do my best to try to move east of where I am. And it seems I may need all the luck I can get.

Thanks for your help too. I had heard that PWC has a lot of single-family houses for a lot less than Fairfax, and the taxes are better too. So that is what I am hoping for. You are right, besides worrying about the commute, the hardest part will be selling my current house without taking a loss. Currently, there is a foreclosed house across the street from me that has been sitting on the market for over 6 months. That does not make me feel confident that people will be wanting to buy my house any time soon.

I would love to go, but I will be going on a trip out of town to visit family this weekend. Thanks for the invite though! Hopefully, I can make it next time.

Products Discussed in

To Top