1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck vibrate badly, Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by kahawj, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mar 5, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    kahawj

kahawj [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 toyota tacoma SR5
    Supercharger
    when i get up to 70mph my truck just starts to shake horribly. i went and got my tires rotated and balanced, but the problem is still present. i checked all my joints and they look fine does anybody have any idea what could be the cause of this?

2. Mar 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    are all the lug nuts tight ? are you certain they balanced the tires properly ? did it already throw the weights they put on ? some places use the stick on weights and they don't always stick and if the guy didn't put the old style ones on right the can come off also or is it possible one of the tires has steel belts slipping internally ? look for lumps twist ect.. in the tire itself rub your hand over it all the way around it see if it feels abnormal any bent rims ?? aside from that you may have a bigger issue thats just what I could think of at the moment

3. Mar 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    Just turn down the radio, dude. My truck vibrates a lot less when I do. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top