1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

True FLow intake information to know.

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 06WHITETRD, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jul 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM
    06WHITETRD

06WHITETRD [OP] Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma OFF-ROAD
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    Thank you for your interest in True Flow. Unfortunately the XDI intake is not CARB approved as of yet. I can tell you however that the majority of our competitors are in the same boat. California has become very strict on their approval process recently and I don't know of any intakes that are being approved. This is very unfortunate because these intakes actually improve emissions and fuel mileage so it really does not make since. A lot of it is just political. Secondly I don’t think any Toyota’s can be CARB approved unless they leave the pre-filter where it is. Toyota uses a carbon pre-filter in their intake system. According to CARB you have to keep that carbon pre-filter or use the exact same material in your system. Since Toyota isn’t revealing what they are using, anyone making an aftermarket intake that removes the carbon pre-filter will not be able to get CARB approval. What most people in California do who run our intake is keep their factory system to put back on when it is time for emissions. Luckily our system is only about a 20-30 minute process to change back so it is not difficult. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

2. Jul 27, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    if you are worried about inspections.....keep the old intake, then when its time, swap them ut for inspections only.......shouldnt take long to do at all.

3. Jul 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM
    06WHITETRD

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Tinted windows, window visors, XDI True Flow intake, White Devil Emblem, sport white grill, stubbie 6' antenna, TRD license plate frame,TRD Exhaust, weathertech floor front & rear, LED map/dome & license plate lights,Black Grille,T-Rex eyebrows,black Skid Plate,Lower bumper cover,Black emblems,white TRD Emblem,lamin-x yellow,Slotted & Cross Drilled rotors,Redline shocks(hood),HID 6k,more to come
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 28, 2008 at 5:45 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jul 28, 2008 at 8:32 AM
    06WHITETRD

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Im waitin for the trackin number from them and hoepfully i get it asap lol. I will let you know how it sounds and the mileages too. ALso i will put pictures on when I install the intake on the Tacoma lol..

6. Jul 28, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    06WHITETRD

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Regarding the CARB I would just check back with us in about 4-6 months however I would not be surprised if we do not get approved for CARB since they have really cracked down on the approvals they have given out. As I was explaining earlier most of our competitors are not getting approved also. I think keeping the stock intake parts is definitely a smart idea. In regards to the exhaust I would think that should help as well since you will be bringing more air in it is always better to get more air out. In regards to gas mileage I’m not sure if the exhaust system will help the mileage or not. I would ask whoever you are buying the exhaust system from if they have seen any increases or not.

Products Discussed in

To Top