1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TrueFlow XDi install question...

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Mouse, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Jun 2, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    Mouse

Mouse [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Charlotte - NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 w/ Sports Package
    Indigo Ink Pearl Exterior Graphite Cloth Interior, TrueFlow XDi CAI, Redline Tunning Hood Struts, Bluetooth Handfree Phone System, Tinted Windows. Chrome: Bull Bar, Billet Grill, Tail Light Guards, Tailgate and Door Trim, AC Vents.
    Ok..I am a computer guy and certainly not a car\truck guy...so I will try to explain my thingy-ma-bobs and doo-hicky-thingies the best I can.

I installed the XDi intake this weekend and I just wanted to make sure I installed it correctly. I didnt know what half the stuff on the instructions were but was able to get it installed from just looking at the pictures. Everything seem to just fit into place.

Anyway, here is my question. The old air intake had a tube runnint to the outside of the fender and was wrapped with a spongy type material. I am guessing this was to pull cold air from outside the engine compartment. The XDi system just seems to pull the air from INSIDE the engine compartment. Is there something I missed or a tube I didnt get in my install package that is suppose to connect the intake section of the XDi system (the piece that the filter actully connects to) to this outside hole...or do I just leave it that way and that is how it is?

Thanks
    Mouse

2. Jun 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    from what I understand it does not connect to the hole that the OEM intake did, a couple people I know did a little custom work to extend it to the opening so I guess that's an option.

Hope this helps bud

3. Jun 2, 2008 at 10:06 AM
    Mouse

Mouse [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Charlotte - NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 w/ Sports Package
    Indigo Ink Pearl Exterior Graphite Cloth Interior, TrueFlow XDi CAI, Redline Tunning Hood Struts, Bluetooth Handfree Phone System, Tinted Windows. Chrome: Bull Bar, Billet Grill, Tail Light Guards, Tailgate and Door Trim, AC Vents.
    If anyone on here did this custom job I would be interested in seeing some pictures or hearing about what materials you used

Thanx
    Mouse

Products Discussed in

To Top