1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying find Toyota dealer out of Texas, popular on Tacomaworld, for parts.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by prerunnerSD, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Jan 16, 2020 at 3:26 PM
    prerunnerSD

prerunnerSD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma Limited 6 cylinder 4X4
    Grill guard Front and rear Bilstein 5100's Front Coilovers Rear AAL "I Brake for Tailgaters" Firestone Destination A/T (P265/75/R16)
    I was told by a local mechanic that there is a shop lots of people on TACOMAWORLD buy parts from in Texas and this place ships them all over and they are very affordable. He didn't know the exact name. Texas is a big place so if anyone knows which one he is referring to, I'd appreciate it.

[​IMG]

Being in San Diego lots of the dealers here charge a premium on the already inflated list price for things.

I need OE Upper and Lower ball joints. Any other leads would help too. Camelback Toyota in AZ had good prices, almost half the cost of San Diego.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    GQ7227 and Taco critter like this.
  2. Jan 16, 2020 at 5:12 PM
    Shouldnthave

Shouldnthave Where all the white women at?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    TRD-OR Trail Limo
  3. Jan 16, 2020 at 5:16 PM
    Blue92

Blue92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2004 4x4 2.7L
    Camelback Toyota online parts in Arizona is the one most on here buy from. But shipping is high if you live on the east coast. For that reason, I use McGeorge online Toyota Parts in VA.

Dunno if Ive heard of one in Texas being popular on here.

Taco critter and joe25rs like this.
  4. Jan 16, 2020 at 5:17 PM
    TacomaTyler_2002

TacomaTyler_2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma 2wd 2.7L
    parts.toyota.com

Taco critter likes this.
  5. Jan 16, 2020 at 5:44 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I find what part number I need and google it to get best results. There's a Toyo dealer in Dallas that has beat most pricing so far. Just google

Taco critter likes this.
  6. Jan 16, 2020 at 6:10 PM
    Lucifer1

Lucifer1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucifer
    Plano TX
    Vehicle:
    2023 Silver TRD Sport Access cab V6 automatic
    Toyota Bed divider
    Almost all new car dealers are on a computerized system, ADP, UCS and the like. There parts departments use what is known as " Matrix " pricing as profit builder.....every part in the place is affected by this, for instance you walk in and want a set of spark plugs for your Tacoma, there is a Manufactures Suggest Price. say $2.95ea and the dealer is paying $1.75 for them. and he will sell to his wholesale customers for $2.50 allowing them to make a little when they sell to the end user/customer. you The price you pay at the parts counter will be $6.95ea. The same holds true for all commonly used and Hi volume Parts.
    Call your local Dealer Parts dept. and ask " are you on a" matrix pricing system" some will own up to it and say it is common practice. Others will deny because it goes way beyond "a little markup. It is not Illegal, I think it is immoral. being charged five times and more for parts that only the dealer can provide.

TWJLee, Taco critter and joe25rs like this.
  7. Jan 16, 2020 at 6:16 PM
    hoarder23

hoarder23 Truck fell over

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 Pyrite Mica DCSB Sport
    Scratches
    Toyota of Dallas has decent prices but I've found Sparks in SC and Camelback in AZ often have the best prices including shipping. I personally dislike CamelBack because they shorted an order of mine years ago and refused to do anything about the mistake. But money is money and for expensive parts they can save you $$$.

Taco critter and cruiserguy like this.
  8. Jan 16, 2020 at 8:36 PM
    04TRDV6

04TRDV6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynn
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD V6 XtraCab
    I have found that no place always has the best price on everything. I just checked 4333039556 at Freeman, Norwalk, Toyota of Dallas, Camelback, McGeorge, Toyotapartsdeal and Sparks. McGeorge won this time on price of the part. Norwalk was second. Now you have to see what the total is after shipping from each. I've found that working with my local dealership I can usually get within a few dollars of the shipped price from other places - so I do that and just stop in and pick it up.

joe25rs, Taco critter and Texoma like this.
  9. Jan 17, 2020 at 4:47 AM
    Brahms

Brahms Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5 V6 TRD
    Also try leaving your items in your cart and go through the checkout but don’t pay. Close out of your browser and they might send you an email afterwards with a small discount code. I got 20% off shipping.

ToyotaDriver and joe25rs like this.
  10. Jan 17, 2020 at 5:44 AM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    I recently moved to TX from the east coast so I started checking prices here.

I used to use conicelli toyota in Conshohocken PA which was Partznet.com. They actually worked with me when I got 4 TRD FJ Trail Team wheels and gave me $20 shipping on all of them. I got the whole set for $500!

there are quite a few dealers in TX with great prices. I know the south Austin ones prices are on par with conicelli and camelback. I think that a lot of dealers across the country are starting to sell parts online to the public, so that’s lowering prices overall.

11. Jan 17, 2020 at 5:55 AM
    cruiserguy

cruiserguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elijah
    SLC
    Vehicle:
    2000 ext cab, 2.7L, auto, 4x4
    That's a ripping deal on some killer wheels man

12. Jan 17, 2020 at 6:02 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Where at on the east coast?

13. Jan 17, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    nzbrock

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    I was in Philly, before that I was in Tallahassee, FL.

14. Jan 17, 2020 at 6:56 AM
    nzbrock

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    Yea that was back when they were just starting to get hard to find. partznet had a 20% promo with free shipping so I placed the order online. They then responded via email saying they couldn't afford to ship all 4 wheels for free at that price (and it said certain items were not included in free shipping). But they worked with me and made a deal.

15. Jan 17, 2020 at 7:02 AM
    Suprajim54

Suprajim54 Unfamous Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimbo
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2015 Tacoma SR5 4x4 DCSB
    King ET Coilovers, SPC UCA's, 5160 Rears, Icon Progressive AAL, Method 701, STT Pro 285/75/16, SOS Offroad Skid and Sliders
    Jay Marks Toyota which turned into Champion used to be a good place to buy parts and gave discounts to Supra owners. I think they're now Autonation Toyota and aren't as good as they used to be.

cruxofthebisquit likes this.
  16. Jan 17, 2020 at 8:03 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Where at in Philly? We were in Spring City, west of KOP til we moved back here.

17. Jan 17, 2020 at 8:19 AM
    joe25rs

joe25rs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Mrr’land
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD
    Also, it doesn’t hurt to cross the part numbers to Amazon and eBay. Sometimes you can do alright on there.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    cruiserguy likes this.
  18. Jan 17, 2020 at 8:46 AM
    nzbrock

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    I was living in the italian market area and working in center city at University of the Arts.

T4Rgurl and Texoma[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Jan 17, 2020 at 8:47 AM
    Empty_Lord

Empty_Lord Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    66 Mercedes, 93 mr2, 95,98,01,02 Tacomas, 05 Tundra + others
    Too many trucks and mods to list.. check builds
    Trdparts4u I think is who he’s talking about.. pretty sure they’re Toyota of Dallas

20. Jan 17, 2020 at 11:04 AM
    JShawFSU

JShawFSU Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab SR5 4WD 201k miles
    Nothing
    My autonation Toyota in St pete florida, will match any online price! I've gone to them for all my OEM needs since!

04TRDV6 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top