1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to cancel Obamacare insurance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hikerduane, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Nov 17, 2018 at 1:34 PM
    hikerduane

hikerduane [OP] Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    Turned 65 recently, told to send letter here in Kalifornia to Covered Californa to stop insurance since I qualified for Medicare in a few weeks. No results, then told me to call Covered California, called them, were taking care of, still getting premium due notices and it has been over six weeks, telling me I'm in a grace period. Bureaucracy. Dental insurance is still thru Covered California, maybe since I have an account for dental, they can't remove medical contact info?
    Duane

2. Nov 23, 2018 at 10:06 PM
    JoseHooks

JoseHooks Member

Member:
    Hi Duane, just wanna ask have you consulted some expert regarding this? If not then I will advise you to seek their help before it gets too late. As per my view, understanding the Medicare concept is somewhat critical but contacting someone who can clear all your doubts regarding the plan can result in a beneficial deal. As you said that you are eligible for Medicare and if you have enrolled yourself under the particular plan which covers dental treatment, then you will surely get its benefit. But it seems that you are quite confused regarding the Medicare insurance which you have purchased. I would advise you to surf the internet to get the real details or else consult the experts through this website. For sure they will help you in finding a proper solution. Hope this can help you.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. Nov 23, 2018 at 10:51 PM
    hikerduane

hikerduane [OP] Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    I have Medicare A,B. Supplemental thru AARP only because they can get me a break on cost a little. Dental is still my old carrier. Don't know why Covered California has failed to notify Blue Cross. Maybe a lag in getting info in system. I thought my Obamacare would automatically be discontinued, but my insurance advisor said no, she advised me on plans, parts. I've done what all these people in the business said to do.
    Duane

Products Discussed in

To Top