1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to find a rack/light mount system, now shark fin in the way ?!!

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TacoToosday69, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Nov 3, 2020 at 2:31 PM
    TacoToosday69

TacoToosday69 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD magnetic grey metallic
    Hey y’all! So I’m trying to get this clusterfuck figured out. So I ordered a Body Armor sport rack system (TC- 6124) to serve as storage as well as a way to mount my 4 KC lights. The part came , and turns out it was only half of the system that I needed . So I go back on to the site and it also requires part TC-5129 which is the Body Armor cab basket /cab rack (the part the lights actually mount to) and that part says it won’t fit my 2019. But the sport rack half of the system DOES fit, and the two parts go together . Super confusing on the websites behalf. So what it looks like from the measurements provided on the site(since I havnt ordered the cab basket part) is that the reason it won’t fit a 2019 is because of the shark fin antenna is too tall and there’s a bar for the rack that would run into it . SO - I guess where I go from here is to figure out if I can cut the antenna down to fit ?! Or Just scratch the whole rack system in general and eat it on the part that I bought since the website is requiring an expensive restocking fee to return it?!!! I’m fairly new at this so any advice would be helpful , especially anyone that’s familiar with this Body Armor rack system .

2. Nov 3, 2020 at 3:32 PM
    TriniPhantom

TriniPhantom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB
    Prinsu roof rack, Budbuilt Sliders, Avid Bumper Guard, MESO Ultimate Turn Signals, Door sill decals, Raptor Lights, Tailgate inserts, Mudflaps, Tri-fold Tonneau, DC Motorsports Muffler Tip, TVD Vinyl Decals, Many Interior Mods.
    @MESO makes a replacement antenna, sold by https://www.uptopoverland.com/collections/tacoma/products/uptop-thinfin. Alternatively, Go Rhino makes some roll bars that you can mount the lights to-https://www.gorhino.com/Bed-Accessories. Also Black Horse Offroad has some nice roll bars- https://blackhorseoffroad.com/c-1289329-products-roll-bars.html. One other thing to take consideration is whether or not you have a tonneau cover. Some of these bars are compatible with tonneau cover, while others are incompatible. Also some may require drilling into the bedside, others mount to the bed rails. You got options. Good luck!

3. Nov 3, 2020 at 3:46 PM
    TacoToosday69

TacoToosday69 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD magnetic grey metallic
    Thankyou! Seems like I should just ditch the BodyArmor stuff altogether since they seem like they’re not very reliable with fitment . Appreciate the help!

4. Nov 3, 2020 at 3:54 PM
    rnish

rnish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Maryland (USA)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2nd gen
    King's, Camburg UCA, Dirt King LCA, armor
    Prinsu was running a sale. Not cheep but the shark fin was not an issue.

5. Nov 3, 2020 at 3:57 PM
    joeydurango

joeydurango Nightfall Overland

Member:
    SW Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heavily modified 2015 TRD w/Drifter
    @Anderson makes a low-profile sharkfin replacement...

TacoToosday69[OP] and Anderson like this.
  6. Nov 3, 2020 at 4:05 PM
    SK808

SK808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB 4X4
    Magnuson Supercharger, Kings w/Resi front and rear, ICON UCA, Allpro STD leaf pack, C4 Fab Hybrid Front Bumper, RCI Rear Bumper, X20 winch, All Pro U-bolt Flip Kit w/ wheelers bump stop, Method 701, 17X8.5 w/0 offset, BFG KM3 285/70/17, All Pro Sliders, TRD CAI, Spec-U exhaust, Total Chaos bed stiffener, RCI Skid Plates (all skids), Wet Okole seat covers, Diamondback tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX Grille, Husky front floor mats, Weather Tech rear floor mats, bed mat, various Baja Design lights, mobtown tailgate reinforcement plate, and a bunch of other stuff.
    TacoToosday69[OP] and Anderson like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top