1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tsb 03704

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tacotoe, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Dec 21, 2007 at 6:18 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Check Engine light is on again code PO420,I replaced the front O2(AFRM) sensor,and ran some fuel sys. cleaner with a tank of gas.Stayed off for awhile longer than before but now its on again.I did some research and there is this tsb 03704 that might offer me some help I think.Anyone know what this tsb is ? I think the Dealer would tell me but they`re not open now,thought someone here might know.Also the rear 02 sensor runs up into the cab..whats up with that? why not just a plug like the front? I`m getting to be, "FRUSTRATED MAN".

2. Dec 22, 2007 at 7:22 AM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    Thanks phantom,That much I knew about the tsb..I just got off the phone w/dealer and shes the only service writer today but said if she gets time she will research it for me and call back.She also said that the PO420 usually requires a new cat. converter ...cha ching, cha ching,Oh well 6 years,135k miles and only routine service so far.The truck still runs like new and gets the same mpg.
    I wonder if the tsb required a re-calibration of trucks computer to not be so fussy about the emissions.I think this is the case w/some Toyotas.If I find out more I`ll post it. Happy and Safe Holidays to everyone.

3. Dec 22, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    That TSB was actually replaced with an updated one (EG034-07) but they serve the same purpose. They are strictly informational for the technicians to reference when needed to know what cylinders, banks, and sensors are what and where they are located on various engine models.

Also yes, P0420 code is almost always due to failing cats.

4. Dec 22, 2007 at 4:17 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    guess I just figured out how to spend my tax return..ouch!

5. Dec 23, 2007 at 8:37 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    That sucks

6. Dec 23, 2007 at 9:06 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

get a set of magnaflow's high flow cats installed at a shop you trust. it will pass inspections, but it will free up some ponies in the process, so you will still be legal. try performance parts or summit racing for prices on the hi-flow cats, they really arent that bad priced......but much less than a dealer though..

7. Dec 23, 2007 at 12:56 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    yea.it does suck,actually though I`m not in too bad a shape finanicially(miracle with all the payments I have now),so I`ll probably just pony up the cash and have the dealer fix it proper.Who knows mabe its something else?I also need to look thru reciepts and see when I changed plugs last it might be due again, also about due for another timing belt.Anyway having it repaired will be much cheaper than payments on a new one...perhaps if I rationed the kids`s food ,quit my nasty ciggarette habit...nope, nope, already on the verge of being vehicle poor.Thanks for the advice tacomaman.

8. Dec 23, 2007 at 1:21 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    3.4 liter has a timing belt ? I thought chain, I was told not to long ago that my 4 liter was a chain, was I misinformed ? :(

9. Dec 23, 2007 at 1:57 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe [OP] Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    I have the `01,maybe they changed? That was the one maintenance I had the dealer do. I paid for a new belt and they put a sticker on front cover with mileage changed 74,000.I hope I got a new belt? Close to $250.00

Products Discussed in

To Top