1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB driver lean fix?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by splitbolt, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    splitbolt

splitbolt [OP] Voodoo Witch Doctor

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OFFROAD DCSB MGM
    Hello everybody.
    Let me first apologize for what may seem like a subject that gets beat to death. I tried searching a bit, but it was like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles.
    I plan on getting the Bilsteins to level out the TSB rake. I would also like to get get rid of the rear driver side lean(1-1/4"). I'm aware of the OME 5mm trim packer, but as I understand it, this would only get me about 1/3 of the way there. Is this correct?
    Does a upper strut plate spacer accomplish the same thing as a 'trim packer'?
    Will a spacer or trim packer then cause the front to lean?
    Which side does the spacer or trim packer go on?

Thanks for the help.

2. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You can't pair the OME trim packer with the Bilstein shocks I don't think.

You need a top plate spacer or to offset the 5100s....

3. Mar 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    toytec sells a 1/4" spacer that goes on top of the strut assembly. and Brunes is correct, the OME trim packer only works on OME struts

4. Mar 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    splitbolt

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Okay, thanks.
    So, a 1/4" spacer will lift my driver side rear 1/2"? Hmmm...not anywhere near the 1-1/4" I need.
    How will this affect the front, which currently sits level?

5. Mar 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Metallikatz3

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    Wait, your front sits level? The spacers we were mentioning were all front stuff, if the back is uneven I would say an add a leaf on both sides would be my first step. One of your srpings is probably just sagging more then the other. If that doesn't do it put a lift block on the lower side.

6. Mar 8, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    Metallikatz3

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    my bad, I didn't read your first post well enough. If you got the TSB done id go back to the dealer and have them look cuz the rear TSB should sag that much. Check to make sure they're both the correct 4 leaf spring packs too

7. Mar 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    splitbolt

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Jeez...
    I'm about ready to say screw it and get some Deavers or Alcans or OME/Dakars.
    Will this eliminate the rear lean or might there be a bigger problem I'm not aware of?

8. Mar 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    I've got dakars in my rear end with the 3rd leaf removed. I need to swap them cause i've got a lean hopefully that solves it if not i need to get my drivers side re-arched a little. the 4 leaf pack have different part #s depending on the side to account for the gas tank.

9. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    splitbolt

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    So the TSB leafs are side specific? What are the correct numbers for each side?

10. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    splitbolt

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    I think this thread confused me a bit.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/77822-ome-5mm-spacer-fix-tacoma-lean.html

11. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    i'm not sure iirc one ends in R the other ends in L

12. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    When i get home i'll snap a picture and put it up here

13. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    splitbolt

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Technical Service Bulletin. Not a recall, but a fix for those who experience a 'problem'. In this case, saggy stock 3-leaf springs are replaced with a 4-leaf pack which raises the rear 1" to 1-1/2"

14. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
  15. Mar 9, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    borderbrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Allrighty here ya go these here are the leafs that came on the truck from the factory. In Canada there is no such thing as the 3 leaf pack.
    IMAG0200.jpg
    as you can see two different part numbers passenger side or right side on the top drivers or left on the bottom
    IMAG0205.jpg
    here you can see the pass side is slightly lower unloaded I can only assume this is to compensate for the extra weight on the drivers side.

16. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    After looking at it for a while I just checked mine today and my TSB springs are leaning 1" lower on my drivers side. I measured 37" on the drivers side and 38" on the passangers. I checked to see if the springs were on the right side amd they were. :mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top