1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB issues? I have a few Let me know wht you think.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ryanf, May 15, 2009.

1. May 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    ryanf

ryanf [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4X4 6cly/6spd TRD-OR
    Rain Visors,
    Hey guys, love my truck but have a few issues.

1. The rear springs are awful, i loaded about 600lbs in the bed yesterday, not only was it on the floor, but now it seems to be sitting tail down like i wore them out. I have 42K on it, but have the 72K warrenty. I know I am out of range for the TSB but I have to try.

2. At Idle i get a rough idle. To the point my visor will shake, not that it's severe but it's vibrating the chasis too much for a 42K motor. Did this motor have a balence issue, rotating assembly issue, or motor mount issue. It's an '06 4.0L

3. Rims, I have the OR rims, but on 3/4 of them there are paint bubbles beneath the paint. Like it's rusting below the paint, and it will just chip off it i played with it. Is this a warrenty issue? or just SOL.

The truck isn't what i am used to ( 3/4 or 1 ton Diesel ) but I love it, great ride to work every day, and kind of hauls what I want it to.

I am going to call toyota corporate tomorrow and see if they will help me out with any of this, or any at all. But If I knew there was existing issues prior it would help me out.

And Sorry I didn't do a search, its midnight, and just worked a 20 hour day, I bet this info is out there, but will admit I took the lazy route today.
    thanks again guys

2. May 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    #1) obvious rear leaf tsb if u can get the dealer to go for it...
    #2) there were motor mount issues w/ the 05's, not sue if any of those carried to the 06's
    #3) people hve had the dealers refinish their rims under warranty due to salt, etc. dealer wouldnt replace, just refinish

Products Discussed in

To Top