1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Trackmaster, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Jan 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    Trackmaster

Trackmaster [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4
    I have a 2006 4x4 TRD V6 double cab. I contacted the dealer about the problem . He looked into it called me back told he ordered the parts. I am thinking boy that was easy. The dealer calls today and tells me the parts are in a new set of springs (rear right and left side) and new rear shocks. So then I asked him about aligning the truck and he said it wouldn't need it. Mentioned nothing about doing anything to the front end. I think he is all messed up. The way I read the TSB I should get new springs (rear) no new shocks and a alignment. Or maybe I am messed up. The truck is supposed to go in next Friday for the repair.. Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Track

2. Jan 4, 2008 at 9:38 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Bethel, Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    From what I've read here and on the TSB, if it is a TRD Sport all you get is the springs and allignment. Otherwise, you get the shocks and springs, and allignment.

GA

3. Jan 5, 2008 at 3:10 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    Oh please please please do not start another thread with this. Please use the search function. :amen: There are hundreds on here and TN.

4. Jan 5, 2008 at 3:14 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    I have a TRD Sport and I got the rear springs and they checked the allignment.

I wasn't too concerned about the allignment. I was 'happy' just knowing they were gonna get me the springs without any hassle. Gimme the springs and I'll be outta here!

5. Jan 5, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Ditto Please Ditto :frusty:

6. Jan 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    Trackmaster

Trackmaster [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4
    Sorry new here. Thank you for the replies . Again sorry I mentioned it..

To Top