1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB question

Discussion in 'Towing' started by tinytdog, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Sep 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    tinytdog

tinytdog [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    My 2006 Tacoma double cab that I bought used with 67,000 miles has not had the suspension TSB. I am installing a motorcycle lift in the back and I want to tow a trailer, so I want to upgrade the suspension. Any suggestions? I've been watching a lot of Sopranos lately and I feel like walking in there and not leaving until they do the TSB at no charge, but the mileage is over the stated limit.

Should I just invest in aftermarket shocks? I've read about the airbags vs TSB, but I feel like I should start with the corrected suspension set up.

Any one paid to have the TSB done?

yours truly,

Slightly Used

2. Sep 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    yotarob2005

yotarob2005 Kiss My IFS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Bryan , Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 D-cab trd sport long bed
    Front Bilstien 5100's Set @ 1.75", rear 5100's & TSB springs, Flowmaster, TRD seat covers, Toyota All weather floor mats, 265/70-17 Michelin LTX AT2's, some Debadgeding, BHLM, led bed lights, 886 back up lights, fog lights anytime mod, Extra d-rings, Toyota bed mat, sockmoney TRD decals, Kenwood 890DNX, Firestone ride-rite air bags, 2 car seats.
    They should do it for you, just be cool & nice, save the Saprano's stuff just in case they give you a bunch of crap. My truck was out of warranty as well but my local dealer did it anyways.

3. Sep 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    maybe work a deal with them? you get free TSB, they install your lift and get some labor $'s?

4. Oct 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM
    tinytdog

tinytdog [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    So I went into the shop today and the service writer told me that TSB's aren't for the general public and that this TSB only applies to certain VIN numbers. Even though on the official TSB from Toyota it states that it applies to 2005-2008 Extra and Double Cab Tacomas. Mine is an '06 Double cab. I bought it in September as a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle.

I didn't trust this service writer and I showed him the TSB that doesn't say its VIN specific. He didn't care and gave me a bunch of "TSBs aren't for the general public. There are probably 16,000 TSBs out on different vehichles, blah, blah, it's not a recall, blah, blah". He wouldn't look up the VIN number for my truck to check on it right there. He made an appointment for me to bring my truck in.:mad:

I'm pissed because I've grown to expect the run around and I feel like that's what I'm getting. Anyone have any thoughts? Any suggestions for when I bring my truck in.

5. Oct 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    im not too familiar with how this works out but making an appointment to look up the vin? thats stupidly rediculous. tell him to call you when he can look it up on his computer in 8.56 seconds

Products Discussed in

To Top