1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tsb suoo6 last week

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wayne, May 29, 2008.

1. May 29, 2008 at 12:31 PM
    Wayne

Wayne [OP] Active Member

Member:
    san fernando valley
    Vehicle:
    06 white 4 door long bed,sr5
    front d rings, rubber bed mat, running boards, front oem seat covers,
    Northridge toyota in the Sn Fernando valley did my spring, shock change last week. I am real happy with it. The truck is a little stiffer but handels so much better.Tried to get the tailgate done but was told that I had to have it bent first, go home and bend it. I am 73 years old and cannot bring myself to do it. So far when loading our dirt bikes (92 wr500-87 wr450) we notice that a little sag in the tailgate , but are careful to stay to the side of the gate. Just have to wait and see. Buy the way, my truck is an 06 sr5 4 door, white in color. Was always a Ford man but my son had me try a Toyota this time. I am pretty happy with it, but cannot undertand having to change springs and the light weight tailgate, never had this problem with my Fords, First one in 1955.
    I have added the tailgate strap on the one side and also where the cables attache to the bed drilled small holes and put safety wire across the opening so they could not be liftede off with ease.
    I added tie downs to the bed thru the bed hold down bolt and put in a deezee rubber mat . When unloading the bikes the front tire would slide and

2. May 29, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Welcome to the forum Wayne!

Yeah...Toyota is skimping on the quality a bit. The older trucks never had such problems. Just another corporate money making strategy for sure. :rolleyes:

I'll be loading my TSB springs with mulch soon...we'll see how they handle it.

3. May 29, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome, Wayne!

4. May 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    yeah, but unfortunately that seems to be the case with all auto manufacturers lately. in the old days BMW's were built like tanks. i think we all know about my old 325i that i treated like a formula 1 car and it lasted around 250k with no issues till my brother decided to wreck it. but the new ones seem like they are built out of glass, tehy break all the time and dont last half as long as the old ones. companies are skimping on engineering and not building a solid base for the car in order to save money so they can put on a bunch of bells and whistles (dvd players, on-star, voice activated radios, back up cameras, blue tooth etc...) and still make it affordable. i'd rather drive a tank with a tape deck, than have all the extra crap on a sub par vehicle. when you add somewhere, you have to subtract from somewhere else.

BTW, welcome to the Forum wayne!

5. May 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome aboard Wayne!

Products Discussed in

To Top