1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB worthy???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoDawgfan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    So I picked up my heaviest load in the Yota so far, 20 cases of Cokes for my daughters band fund raiser. And yes I called them "Cokes" as they are all called Coke in the south weather it is Sprite, Dr. Pepper or what ever. :p:D Anyway a rough estimate says that is is around 430lbs. Didn't expect it to be that much of a load, but it put me about an inch from the bump stops. Here are unloaded and loaded pics.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Apr 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    If you do that a lot. Take it to Toyota with a load...(add another couple hundred to get it riding on the stops.) They will probably do the TSB. They seem to be pretty good when you can show them the issue. If I wanted it done that's what I would do. fill it up with something heavy and take it there ON the bumpstops, How can they argue against that?

Instead I am going with the Airbag system and deciding which one at this point.

3. Apr 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I was surprised how much this weighed and squated the truck. My wife added up all the oz. and converted to lbs. Only problem was not knowing how much each liquid weighs. I guessed it wasn't going to be but a couple hundred lbs or so. she said 600. I'll do more soon as the yard work is starting and will be bringing home a lot of materials.

4. Apr 2, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Those 3 leaf packs suck for any loads over lawn clippings .

5. Apr 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    MSCOFF

MSCOFF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 AC 4WD
    I put 10 bundles of roofing shingles in at 75# / bundle and drove to the dealer. About 1/2 inch off the stops.He argued a bit but I jumped on the bumper and it bottomed out. I said I'd put another 300 pounds on if he wanted. So he said OK. Best to actually load it up close to capacity minus your weight so there's no room for questioning.

Products Discussed in

To Top