1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tsb?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dsmooth87, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    Dsmooth87

Dsmooth87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11' doublecab 6spd 4x4 trd offroad
    Satoshi Grille. 245/75r16 hercules terra trac a/t. Afe pro dry s. ome 884s toytec 1.5 AAL for TSB. Twm shift knob
    newb question, i tried fingind the answer but no luck.. so what exactly is tsb? I have a new 2011 tacoma that i will be lifting soon at 1.75" do i need to replace these things? thanx

2. Oct 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    TSB = Technical Service Bulletin.

It's basically a fix for something that have been a common complaint but is not safety related, like a recall would be.

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    TSB is a technical service bulletin. It's Toyota's way of saying they are aware of a problem on the vehicle and they will fix it under warranty for free.

There are hundreds of TSBs for the tacoma, you are probably talking about the rear leaf spring TSB. It adds stiffer leaf springs in the rear which give you a bit of a lift in the rear.

4. Oct 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Only if you are having rear spring problems, such as a 'harsh ride' and the rear bottoming-out with a load going over bumps. Not all Tacomas with the 3 leaf springs have this problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top