1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB's and my friend's Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jedirye, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Feb 2, 2009 at 11:40 AM

jedirye [OP] Wannabe

Dec 10, 2008
    2013 Baja Supercharged
    Hello all, My friend's husband has a 2005 Tacoma TRD OR and it's got probably 28k miles now. I am confused on what TSB's are and if they are necessary? I already tried warning him about the possible frame issues, but it falls on deaf ears. I know a TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin, but is it required? What do you do, just walk into the dealership and demand X amount of work done?? I am confused! I am only inquiring because I know the warranty will run out in a few thousand more miles and I don't want them stuck. Any help is appreciated! -rye
  2. Feb 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM

RCBS "Cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag."

Apr 9, 2008
    06 Main Runner OR
    a TSB from what i know is a bulletin from Toyota that is meant to help the techs diagnose common problems. usually, the TSB says something along the lines of this: "repairs for this condition are covered under the 3-year, 36,000 mile warranty and are limited to a customers specific complaint"

esentially, a TSB is sortof like a recall, only without safety issues (ie: a tire falling off) they are fixes for f*ck ups in design/parts that toyota hopes most of us won't notice. and since there's not usually a danger element related to the problem, they won't get sued, hence they don't notify owners of said problems, but fix them upon "specific customer complains" just know though...the problem DOES have to exist on YOUR truck before they will fix it. i love the "tailgate TSB". "...yes, we know there's a problem, and, no we won't re-inforce your tailgate until you bend it..."

have your friend lookup all the TSB's and get as many done as you have problems with...some will be stuff that goes unoticed or is considered "normal" until you find that there are more out there with the same problem.

hope this helps
To Top