1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tube Step and Chrome Exhaust Tip Torque Settings?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by g-man26, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    g-man26

g-man26 [OP] Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 - TRD Sport DBCLB 4X4
    Hi everyone,

Longtime reader and first time post so go easy on me :) I did a search and can seem to find the right combo.

Anyway, I'll be picking up a 2011 Tacoma TRD 4x4 this week. Tradinging in my 2008 SR4 4x2. I took the original powder coated tube steps and chrome tip off my 2008 to put it on my 2011. I've loss the original instructions that came with those 2 things. I was wondering if anyone happens to know/remember the torque settings?

Thanks.

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Tight but not to tight.

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    g-man26

g-man26 [OP] Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 - TRD Sport DBCLB 4X4
    Yeah I was going to go with that method. Problem is I'm OCD so I try to go with recommended torque.

4. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    For the exhaust tip, get it where you want it and if it is the 3 screw type, then adjust them evenly and get the snug. Once snug try and wiggle the tip loose. If you can wiggle it loose then tighten more, if not give screws(s) another snug up, then done. As for the tube steps, you should use some lock tite. Red works fine but most likely you will never remove them so you can use a stronger one. Or if your girl has red nail polish, it is basically the same as red lock tite. Do the same as for the exhaust tip and tighten everything up evenly. Here I would go with between 65 and 80 ft lbs on a torque wrench. Try 65 first and if it doesn't seem like enough, then do 80. The lock tite will help ya with them comin loose and you'll be golden.

5. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    g-man26

g-man26 [OP] Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 - TRD Sport DBCLB 4X4
    Thanks for the tips Texoma.

Products Discussed in

To Top