1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tucson weekend help...

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by 4x4Taco09, May 7, 2013.

1. May 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    4x4Taco09

4x4Taco09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 BSP DC LB
    Kings, Deavers, Brute Force, Prinsu, Lights, all the stuff
    Two years ago I purchased my retro fit kit and installed it into some cheap ebay housings because i didnt want to mess up my OEMs. Well its time to redo them INTO MY OEM HOUSINGS!

why?

well they're not adjusted just right, (yes thats an easy fix) but the passenger one loosened up some and is a few degrees crooked, also the housings arent sealed 100% i guess, idk how because i cleaned the channels out and used the urethane from the retrofitsource. Also now i think the clear lens on the cheap ebay units are starting to peel off.

I currently live on Base in Tucson, I dont have an oven in my dorm room, if anyone out there could help out a fellow tacoma owner Id greatly appreciate it. Ill buy you the beer or food or whatever. It shouldnt take longer than a few hours id hope, I could even bring my OEM units and heat them up, split them apart and then do the BHLM and stuff on my own time at the dorms as well as clean out as much of the old sealant, then when thats all ready bring over the truck with the retros, split them and install into the fresh OEM ones

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    You're more than welcome to use my oven. I work this weekend though, have to be to work by 1400. PM me if you want a # or directions.

I know absolutely jack about retrofits though, so I'm only useful for my oven.

3. May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    4x4Taco09

4x4Taco09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 BSP DC LB
    Kings, Deavers, Brute Force, Prinsu, Lights, all the stuff
    Haha. Man idk that much about them either lol
    Well pm me and we will figure out a weekend. I'm on call next weekend