1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra Cleats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by jcayce, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:26 PM
    jcayce

jcayce [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad 4x4
    FJ TRD Rims, BFG AT 265/75/16, Fumoto Valve,
    It is towards the end of week 3 with the new Tacoma (09 TRD DC Pyrite) and nothing but good news so far. I don't mind the rear springs, yet, and I have adapted to the automatic. It really did not take much and seems rather smooth now.

This morning I added two leftover Yakima Blockheads to the utility track. I had some 1" x 1/4" aluminum stock hanging around so I used that. All I had to do was cut two pieces for each bike mount and add stainless carriage bolts, washers, and nuts: done deal. Yes a thief with the proper wrench will be off with my bike mount and bike, but a thief with any proper tools will make off with whatever I keep in the bed.

I also added some leftover tie-downs from my wife's old Xterra.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan...005-2009-xterra-p-9614.html?cPath=533_536_708&

Don't get me wrong, I would never pay $30.00 for some tie downs, they were leftover. I hit the sides of the rectangular 'nut' with a grinder so that they were 1" and now I have 4 extra tie downs in the bed.

Yesterday I unwrapped the cleats to use and was immediately dissapointed in their plastic, toy-like quality. Has anyone tried using the Tundra cleats? Are the rails the same?

In regards to the Tacoma, there are three reasons that I know I love my new truck:

1. I'm keeping track of how many people ask me what color it is (18 as of today).
    2. I went apeshit on some jerk in a Jeep forum that told me it was an 'appliance' not a vehicle.
    3. I take a double-take as I walk away no matter where I park it.

Feel like a damn kid again.

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    jla888

jla888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    tundra cleats are the same. picked up a set nip on ebay for $12 shipped.

To Top