1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Turn signal cover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nd, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Mar 22, 2007 at 12:50 PM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I've had my truck for about 3 weeks now and i've noticed a slight problem. The plastic orange cover that snaps over the front turn signal bulp has come off of my truck. It's located inside the headlight housing. Basically i can see it sitting at the bottom of the headlight bulb. All i have to do is take off the housing to snap it back on, but it looks like everything is attached by plastic snaps and i'm afraid i'll break something. Since it's still under warrenty i can take it back to the dealer and have them take care of it, but that seems like a big hassle for such a small problem. I'm just afraid if i do it myself and break it i will have to pay to fix whatever i break. Or it won't seal right and i will get moisture in my headlight housing. I was wondering if anyone else has taken the plastic sheild off their headlights and if so is it easy to do without breaking the plastic snaps? thanks for any advice you can give me

2. Mar 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    i have been reading alot of issues in the '07 taco's, but if your taco is still under warranty, eventhough it might take sometime, i would take it back. the reason behind it is, if you do any manipulation on your taco, you might risk on voiding your warranty that would be a big problem. and this is a big plus i don't know if you are aware that if you have the same issue 3 times they have an obligation to replace your taco. i would make that call to the dealer right now if i were you. hope this helps.

3. Mar 22, 2007 at 7:08 PM
    SPOWERS07

SPOWERS07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB 4x4 off-road
    if i was you id call up your dealership and tell them a mechanic looked at it and said it needs a new light assembly, it will though, so they will order it for you so when you go in for them to look at it they will already have it in stock and could put it in for you while you wait i have an 07 i wonder if this will happen to mine

4. Mar 22, 2007 at 7:34 PM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I don't think this is a common problem. It doesnt look like anything broke, it just looks likes it came un-snapped. I took my taco off road within 36 hours of buying it. I jarred it around pretty good and ended up getting it pretty damn stuck. It may have just been loose and the rough driving popped it off. Anyway, thanks for the advice.
    @Ldytaco05 - what issues have you read about with the 07's? I researched tacomas for 4 months before i bought and i was barely able to find any negative comments. Please let me know what you have heard so i can be on the look out

Products Discussed in

To Top