1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW better that TTORA for me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KMN-BLU, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    You want to know what I really like about this TW site?

I am still a noob here also but I see the same similiar questions ask over and over by noobs and others.

" 3" lifts or level kits or coil overs or tire size, whatever"

Everyone on this site is still helpful and ussually somewhat courteous about answering the same questions. You ask that same question on TTORA and them Aholes will flame you and run you off in a hurry. They live by the " we are hard core 4 wheelers and dont have time to teach others" syndrome. I even ask a vendor a question over and he told me to go to his website to search for the answer rather than just helping me out. So, F&%k him, I can find other places to spend my dollars.

Age doesnt matter here, it seems everyone tries to be helpful and "so far" Im glad I found this website where we have a common interest and can laugh at our differences.

So, I guess my comments will be accepted or I will be flamed here too.

dc

2. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    SiRMarlon

SiRMarlon The Photo Ninja!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marlon
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Canon 5D MarkIII
    So because of the actions of a few you are going to automatically throw everyone into the same pit as well? My brother and I love wheeling with the TTORA guys because they are all about being helpful...we have learned more in the small amount of time wheeling with them then we ever did alone. I will go against the grain here and say that I think you are wrong...

There is a huge difference between these 2 forums and I think it's a little unfair to try and compare both of them! TTORA is ALL ABOUT OFF Roading...TW is not...you guys are more diverse here. I am sorry you had such a bad experience with TTORA but my brother and I are proud members of TTORA and have never had so much fun wheeling with a group of Toyota Owners as we have with them!

They are all about being helpful and teaching people how to properly wheel there vehicles. I'm sorry if I offend or piss anyone off but this is just my $.02

3. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    Racinkid13

Racinkid13 Problem Child

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD debadged and beaten
    many
    Ive been on TTORA for a few years, and maybe have 20'ish posts.

Ive been on here for a couple days, and Im already twice what I have on TTORA. TTORA seemed to start to head downhill. But, I dont visit often enough anymore to see whether thats changed direction.

This place has a much better atmosphere then TTORA, plus, I dont get harassed for being retarded here.

But both sites have a wealth of knowledge.

4. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I've been on TTORA since '07. If people asked their newb questions in the newb folder they wouldn't have any trouble. Its when they ask the same generic questions that have been answered 100x times in the tech areas and get insulted when someone tells them to search. TTORA isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I've gained an invaluable amount of knowledge from there.

I'm not flaming or singling you out in any way, the hatred I've seen some display for TTORA just bugs me.

Edit:

IMHO, this thread (and any others like it) should be locked. All this is gonna do is cause trouble between these two boards.

5. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    TTORA is a good board, not as fun as this one.

6. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    Im not saying they are "BAD " guys or that anyone shouldnt 4 wheel with them. Im simply saying I enjoy this site much better than being on that site. My question was in the noob dumbass area and I still got hammered.

Just like CHEERS, we all want to go where someone knows our name.

I can learn here or I can learn there or I can learn anywhere but no one on this site gets a hard on if I ask a dumbass question here. Its about helping each other anywhere we are.

7. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top