1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW P-rated 265/70/16 MT's or 265/75/16 AT load range D

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Marcoc, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dec 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    Marcoc

Marcoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road LB
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR LB white w/tech package
    Looking to upgrade to some more aggressive tires for the Tacoma. I am running GY silent armors in P245/75/16 with a 2.5" lift. I dont haul crazy weight mostly fire wood and once or twice a year topsoil/mulch etc. Most of my heavy loads are rare but may happen. I dont tow anything but if I need to I will. My TRD DC SB sees off road conditions in New England about 3-6 times a year and they are usually muddy and rocky. I drive it daily in snow, sleet, rain, dirt. I am concerned with the MPG's since its the reason I went into the truck from a 3/4 ton Ram. I have used MT's in the past on my Jeeps and drove them daily with no issues so noise is not a big deal just turn up the tunes:D. I was looking at the TW Guard Dogs in P265/70/16 with Kedge Grip for wet conditions. They are 31"x10.5" so about 1/2' to 1" taller than what I have now and 1" wider, load is 2400lbs and they would look good on the truck. Other option is the BFG AT look a like in 265/75/16 load range D which is 32" tall but heavier. So from I have read the BFG's are so so in mud and not the best in wet conditions plus I am worried they will be heavy and hurt the MPG's. I am on a budget as most are and looking at spending under $600. Save your opinions on re-tread tires not looking for that. Just want peoples opinions on what tire would fit me better. thanks

2. Dec 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    You know Wat tire would be perfect for Wat you need would be the good year Duratracs in 265/75/16 there an agresive allterain and there good for the snow. Also 265 are perfect size for our trucks speedo is accurate and you won't suffer on gas either

3. Dec 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    I would recommend going with some Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16's. They come in a load range C so they will be on the lighter side than the BFG's. They are a great tire, just as noisy as the bfg's, and handle phenomenal in the snow/ rain/ ice, as well as desert. My buddy has got a set on his 4runner with about 45k miles on em and look like they've still got about 40% life left. Only problem is you won't find em for under 600 bucks, you won't find any good tires for that other than the retreads. I know you didn't want opinions but I just wouldn't trust em on a dd. Definitely would consider for a strictly trail vehicle though. I would seriously consider saving up a couple more bucks and getting some duratracs, having my 285's put on tomorrow :)

4. Dec 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    Awesome reviews on that tire but not looking to spend so much. heard they have a soft compound and wear odd. Money is the biggest problem, they are expensive, plus looking at getting sliders as well. I have a Tirerack in my state and they are always in stock about $800 plus tax

5. Dec 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    snowsk8air2

snowsk8air2 how hard can it be?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged TX Pro
    2011 S/C and basic mods
    so long as you keep em rotated, they wear just fine. like i said, my buddy will probably end up getting over 60k miles on his set. and on your budget, there isn't really much worth recommending unfortunately

6. Dec 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    Marcoc

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    may end up going Cooper AT3 or Falken Wildpeaks

7. Dec 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    if you want to budget and have an AT that does decent off road look at the hercules terratrac AT.

i had them on my dodge for a few years. in 265/75/16 they ran me 115 a pop locally, paid 530 out the door aligned and balanced. they had a softer, i guess is the word, tread, which is may be why they handled good off road because you didnt have to air down as much. and they were the best tire ive ever had in the rain, you couldnt spin them if you tried with my old 360

Products Discussed in

To Top