1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Two Guys Garage / Truck U on Speed

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Two Guys Garage, May 6, 2008.

1. May 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM
    Two Guys Garage

Two Guys Garage [OP] Member

Member:
    swansea,MA
    Vehicle:
    It Has it all
    Hello Friends
    Hey all! My name is Jim. I work for the TV show Truck U on the speed channel. We are going to do a TACOMA as an upcoming project on our show. Is there any subjects you guys would like to see us cover? Anyone have suggestions on what companies we should contact?

Thanks
    Jim

2. May 6, 2008 at 3:45 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Welcome to TW, Jim.

I'm assuming this will be a 2nd gen Tacoma, so I'll let those guys offer up the suggestions. Looking forward to the show though. You'll have to give us a heads up on when it airs.

3. May 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Cool what year is this taco your going to be doing, i would like to see suspension upgrades getting a smooth ride as well as getting rid of the shakes you hear about, giving exact performance upgrades #'s how much horsepower an exhaust will give as well as an intake. Such as that. Fox, KIng and bilstein shocks trd or k&n intakes magnaflow and flowmaster exhaust. total chaos upper control a-arms

4. May 6, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    House

House Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4X4 AUTO 4.0 Access Cab
    Many of the people on this forum have issue with the driveline shudder between, in my case, 20 and 40 KPH. My kingdom if you give this issue a few minutes of air time.

Other than that, love to see intake and exhaust upgrades.

5. May 6, 2008 at 4:35 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    It would be cool if you guys could do performance mods (Intake, Exhaust, Headers, etc.) and give us actual hp increase numbers. Also, are you planning on lifting it, lowering it, or keeping it at stock height???

6. May 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    seeing a lift, maybe a toytec 3 inch, done would be cool, along with maybe a brake upgrade and some performance mods. that would be cool.

7. May 6, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    I'd like to see you lean on all these aftermarket places that have really cool stuff for domestics but next to nada for us as if we Tacoma owners are a single digit entity on a scale. There's a ton of us and because of the phenominal longevity of the older Tacomas-a lot more than people think;)

8. May 6, 2008 at 5:37 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    Roll bar/showbar of some sort since there isn't one currently available for the composite bed!

9. May 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    toycoma671

toycoma671 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Prerunner,Sbed, Indigo Ink,TRD
    Blacked out headlights & tail lights,Eye lids, and stainless steel billet grill, Debadged, 10" RockfordSubs, 6x9 Polk speakers, 6 1/2 speakers, JVC CD Player, Vent Visors, Nerf Bars, 20% Tint front, 15% bk Pop-lock, Tonneau Bed cover, Rockford punch amps, OEM Tacoma Bed mat, Toycoma Sport Brakes
    Just would love to see performance upgrades, for the class it's in (by itself) and to go ahead and give the nation all the more reason to love a Tacoma!!

10. May 6, 2008 at 7:43 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    hi Jim welcome to tacomaworld. all the above with an emphasis on suspension and performance

11. May 6, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Hey welcome!! Talk about rims and tires, rims that are good for off road and on road and same with tires etc, that would be great, thanks

12. May 6, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    in2nite

in2nite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    SoCal.
    Vehicle:
    blk 07 prerunner
    Engage Offroad L/T front and rear, Kings and 50t pack, Hella 4000's, Pro Comp Wheels and tires
    Hey Jim hows everything? I would like to see some desert applications. in paticular, rear suspensions.. I.E. Cantileaver setup vs 4 link vs Leaf springs...
    Also if you could throw something in about Hydraulic bumpstops that would be great... Thanks James

13. May 6, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    HighDesert

HighDesert Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4
    How about doing something truly innovative such as a conversion to a D4D. Perhaps such an endeavor would inspire Toyota to be a more proactive in its offerings to NA and would certainly provide many of us with some information regarding finding the necessary parts and procedures.

14. May 6, 2008 at 10:23 PM
    lightmup

lightmup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 db cab TRD sport 6" fabtec lift 33-13.5-20
    AFE intake, Gibson cat back exhaust, Fabtec 6"lift, King remote resy coilovers, Light Racing UCA's , Allpro front bumper,PIAA fogs, 3 KC slim lights, Optima battery, Weathertech flour mats, Tinted windows, Wheels and tires, Back up camera, 10" shallow mount kenwood sub
    Hey jim welcome to TW! I would like to see some total chaos or camberg long travle suspension and how it performs on the rocks and in the desert. or you could go with S.A.S swap for an all out rock crawling rig ,allpro and demello. or are you guys going for the every day joe who wants a little more power and a lift that gives more room for bigger tires. You could cover the long dabaited spacers lifts or coil over lifts verses drop bracket lifts pros and cons of both ,procomp, fabtech VS toytech ,camberg, Icon [formerly known as donahoe racing] . For some real power you could go for a super charger TRD or URD. intake ,exhaust ,headers,there is just to much fun to be had you lucky dogs. I would love to be in your shoes making all these fun desisions. Some simple and cheep mods like rear dif breather tube mod that the do it your self guys would love. Oh yea some one said somthing about drive shaft shudder, A lot of guys are getting "TomWoods" drive shafts. And thats my two cents.:eek::D

15. May 6, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'm probably a minority here, but I'd love to see a lowered double cab with some serious performance upgrades. Maybe some air suspension, so the truck can still be used as a truck. Vendors to look at would be URD, Tundra Racing, Grillcraft, X-Runner body kits, twisted creations, Dough Thorley, Wet Okole, etc...

16. May 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    in2nite

in2nite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    SoCal.
    Vehicle:
    blk 07 prerunner
    Engage Offroad L/T front and rear, Kings and 50t pack, Hella 4000's, Pro Comp Wheels and tires
    Jim when is this show going to air..?

17. May 7, 2008 at 12:28 AM
    06tacomaprerunner

06tacomaprerunner the foreigner

Member:
    B. C. Mex.
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 dbl cab shortbed, r
    BILSTEIN 5100, 1/4 inch wheel spacers,removed front mud flaps, 285/70/17 bfg mud terrain km2 and a lot of scratches in front and rear bumpers
    +1

18. May 7, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    3" spacer lift (Toytec)

Wheels (American Racing Teflon)

Tires (Nitto Mud Grapplers)

Intake (K&N or Advanced Flow Enginering "AFE")

Computer programming (Underdog Racing Development "URD")

Optional Off-Road (N-Fab.com)

and Exhaust from our good friends at Doug Thorley.

I think that would encompass a lot of the "everyday Joes" that buy these Tacomas, and from what I've seen from Truck U, that is your target audience.

19. May 7, 2008 at 5:22 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    The suggestions that I've read so far are excellent! I just can't wait to see the show. Let us know when it will air. BTW, I love that show, I've been waiting for a second gen Tacoma to be on the show.

--klown

20. May 7, 2008 at 5:29 AM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    Welcome jim. i watch your show every weekend and have been waiting for a show that pertains to my truck. id like to see some performance upgrade stuff. look forward to the show

Products Discussed in

To Top