1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Two items I need help with

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by CMS123, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Nov 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    CMS123

CMS123 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2013 Dbl cab long bed
    Bought my first Tacoma dbl cab 2013. First thing I noticed is that the interior lighting is weak at best. Has anyone added kick plate lighting and enhanced lighting for the dash? I was surprised to see that the 4x4 switch is not lighted nor are other switches on the left of the steering wheel or the window lock buttons on the door. Lastly you guys are going to kill me but need halp on decision with nerf bars runnung boards. Looking for black and the purpose for me is a step for kids and wife but as important a place to kick off the mud and snow from boots prior to getting in the truck. I like a sleek look tight to the cab. THere seems to ba many contradictions on this forum so I hope some one can help with a good suggestion or two!

Thank you all for your help!!

2. Nov 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    There's plenty of people here that will leave bias at the door and help someone. Nfab steps seem pretty popular on Tacomas. You can upgrade the dome lights and dash to led bulbs to get a lot more light. Someone here makes a lighted 4x4 switch you can purchase. I don't think there is much you can do for the rest.

3. Nov 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    CMS123

CMS123 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2013 Dbl cab long bed
    thanks. I may have a solution to interior lighting. If it works when installed Ill take some photos for the site.

4. Nov 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Here is the site for LEDs for your interior.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/176932-fs-led-lights.html

This may help with your 4x4 light. rcbs204 seems to be the resident guru for 2011 and below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/207924-2012-illuminated-4x4-selector-switch.html

I got the nFab nerf bars from Truck Customizers for $290 shipped. Someone may have a better price, but best I found at the time. Scott from TruckAddOns may beat this.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/smittybilt-nerf-steps.html?vm=TT#options

[​IMG]

5. Nov 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    CMS123

CMS123 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2013 Dbl cab long bed
    Krob,
    Thanks mucho for the help. Question on the nerf bars. Love the look. Are the steps in good places for usability? Back side for kids in and out front step for me to kick off mud and snow before entering.
    Thanks again!

6. Nov 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    The only reason I have steps instead of sliders is to help the wife get in the truck. Steps are in good spots, but slick. Considering sanding just the steps and spraying bedliner.

7. Nov 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm selling my stainless NFabs for DCLB's if you're interested

8. Nov 17, 2012 at 5:00 AM
    CMS123

CMS123 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2013 Dbl cab long bed
    Oz, Thanks but just ordered them in black.

9. Nov 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  10. Nov 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    ihadmail

ihadmail Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chapin, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Car seat
    This guy: http://interiorflair.com/Services.html does a lot of interior light modifications/addons for the Subaru community. I've had his climate control red light conversion and his add a light to the door lock/window switches in my STi when I had it. I'm sure he can do the same for the Tacoma switches as they're almost identical to Subaru's.

Products Discussed in

To Top