1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TWO YEARS MAINTENCE FREE ON NEW TOYOTAS...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SAIRS, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Oct 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    they tried to sell me a "prepaid" maitenence plan. all it did was add on another year and they do the 30k stuff like change the plugs...they wanted $247 for it...I said no thanks.

but I still get the 5 free oil changes and tire rotations...yay:rolleyes:

2. Oct 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    YumaTRD

YumaTRD The Church Of @ODNAREM San Diego Chapter 1904

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    El Cajon, CA
    Vehicle:
    Solid Axle Yota
    Locked, Flat bed, 22R 5 speed, BFG KO2's
    We got life time oil changes for a 2005 Dodge ram diesel we bought. that was a really good deal.

3. Oct 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.

Whatever. I've worked plenty of cars and trucks. An oil change isn't rocket science. The dealer takes the truck does the oil change and saves me the trouble. I've restored cars, built engines, painted cars and just about everything else. I've opened plenty of hoods. My down time is better spent with my family and doing other things than changing my oil. If you enjoy doing it fine. I don't. I've got much better shit to do with my saturday morning than to spend 2 hours changing my oil and rotating my tires. I know how to do plumbing too but I'm not going to snake a turd out of my toilet. I'll pay someone for that too.

It's free, they don't dent, scratch or smudge anything. I've never had a problem. When my free oil changes are done I'll do it myself.

4. Oct 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    billabong

billabong Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Antelope Valley
    Vehicle:
    Silver Streak- PreRunner/TRD Sport
    Anti Theft tail gate mod, Locking gas cap, Tint, Flash Light on seat,TSB rear springs, OME 884 springs, 5100 shocks Eye lids.
    Just yesterday I had an oil change, tire rotation, and multi point inspection(brakes). cost $97.00. I told them, I had the mait free program. new cost $0.

5. Oct 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Wasn't complaint, Free maintenance is not quite specific, clarification is. Just free oil change and rotating tires doesn't equal much all encompassing vehicle maintenance to me.

Not cryin about shit. Look at people crying about what others may ask about for clarification, lol.

This wouldn't sway me one way or another as far as buying a new vehicle anyway. I'd be in it for the vehicle, not how much maintenance schwag might come with it. Dealer gets all that stuff for next to nothing anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top