1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kc10driver, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    kc10driver

kc10driver [OP] Member

Member:
    quick Question,

I have an 09 DC Sport.

If I keep my stock wheels and upgrade my UCA's to TC UCA's, how wide of a tire might I be able to go with. I think, as of right now (completely stock) I can only get 265/70R17 to fit.

Would these new UCA's allow me to go wider (if so, what size) and have no rubbing issues? Anyone out there done this yet?

Thanks!

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    05offroad

05offroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    '05 Long Travel Prerunner
    I've lost track
    With the stock rims??

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Curious: do aftermarket UCA's have an undesired effect on caster with stock suspension?

OP, Spidertraxx hub-centric wheel spacers will also give you more space for wider tires for about $200 front and back, easy install.

4. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    stenyeart

stenyeart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.
    Aftermarket UCA's have a positive 2 degree caster built into them. They are designed to correct your alignment after a lift. I do not know if you have enough adjustment to get the alignment correct when you do not have a lift. On the tacoma, there is one adjustment that changes caster and camber. You have to find a happy medium with it. If you went with Light Racing UCA's, they have thier own camber adjustment built into them (I am not sure if the others do or not). I would think that you would be able to get away with it, but I am not sure I would even worry about it. If you are only trying to go a little bigger in the tire size, I would just get a set of spidertrax spacers.

Products Discussed in

To Top