1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA's JBA or SPC?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Trdpro1, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Dec 13, 2017 at 7:04 AM
    Trdpro1

Trdpro1 [OP] Member

Member:
    I'm making my way over from Tundras.com to see if I can get some reviews to help determine which UCA to go with. I am looking at either JBA or SPC arms. JBA is fairly new to the Tundra's which is why I wanted to reach out to the Tacoma owners to get some feedback and thoughts as which one to go with.

Open to any and all feedback on these two brands to help determine my selection!

2015 TRD PRO

2. Dec 13, 2017 at 7:08 AM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    O3 Rubicon wrangler
    Frankenstein lift, warn winch, heavy rear bumper swing out
    I have spc an very pleased with them no knowledge of the JBA but if they are good as their exhaust systems I imagine they be great also. May I ask why you want to swap out I see you have a pro are you swapping out those coilivers?

txtaco87 likes this.
  3. Dec 13, 2017 at 7:13 AM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    I'm running JBA and love them. There were some issues with the first batches, but those have since been fixed and I haven't read any other negative things since then. Alignment was a piece of cake.

SPC are also good, and also had issues in the beginning from what I read. The SPC are adjustable, but I personally didn't need that.

They're both similar price points, so you can't go wrong either way.

4. Dec 13, 2017 at 7:18 AM
    DaveInDenver

DaveInDenver Not Actually in Denver

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Grand Junction
    Vehicle:
    2008 Super White TRDOR AC 6MT
    Unexceptional
    If I had to choice between only these two I'd probably get JBA. Just too many issues for my comfort with SPC, early on failures, slipping ball joints, still question on bushings. JBA had teething issues that they seemed to work actively and appear to have eliminated.

DrFunker and EatSleepTacos like this.
  5. Dec 13, 2017 at 7:39 AM
    Trdpro1

Trdpro1 [OP] Member

Member:
    I am running coachbuilder shims and shackles with the stock pro suspension. I will not be replacing the coilovers. Have some SCS wheels on order with a +25 offset. Once those come in I'll be adding the coachbuilder steering kit and new UCAs.

6. Dec 13, 2017 at 8:06 AM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    O3 Rubicon wrangler
    Frankenstein lift, warn winch, heavy rear bumper swing out
    Never heard of them before I looked em up they have some pretty nice hardware. That’s gonna be a nice setup you have

7. Dec 13, 2017 at 8:47 AM
    Trdpro1

Trdpro1 [OP] Member

Member:
    He's big in the Tundra world, makes top notch products!

8. Dec 13, 2017 at 8:48 AM
    Trdpro1

Trdpro1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Kinda leaning towards the JBA... I like the alignment features of the SPC, but not sure how many alignment shops near me will fully understand them.

MattCowsmasher likes this.
  9. Dec 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    EatSleepTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    That's the main reason why I went with JBA. Don't have to worry about shit, as the castor is built in, so to speak. I was able to get above 3 degrees of castor on my 3" lift, which is good for these trucks.

10. Dec 13, 2017 at 6:24 PM
    Trdpro1

Trdpro1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Definitely a positive that’s for sure. JBAs seem to appear like a sturdier set too from the pictures I’ve seen of both brands.

EatSleepTacos[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Dec 13, 2017 at 6:27 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    This has been asked, answered, and beat to death:deadhorse:. I know Bobs got a search function over there.

Tldr; there's several threads with opinions.

12. Dec 13, 2017 at 6:31 PM
    Fleabag

Fleabag Suck it Trebek!

Member:
    First Name:
    Uriah
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad - SSM
    Suspension: SPC Light Racing UCAs Old Man Emu 886 Coils Old Man Emu 90000 Nitrocharger Struts Old Man Emu 60091 Nitrocharger Struts Deaver U402 Stage 3 Leaf Spring Packs Dobinsons Greasable Shackle Bolts Old Man Emu 95PF5 Trim Packer Energy Suspension Bushings Timbren U Bolt Flip Kit And Bumpstops Timbren Front SES Bumpstops Total Chaos Cam Tabs Tires: Pro Comp 87 Series 16's Steel Wheels Goodyear Duratrac 315/75r16 Engine: aFe Cold Air Intake aFe Throttle Body Spacer HyperTech Speedo Calibrator HP Tuner with a JustDSM and nd4spdbh tune file 3° Exhaust Cam Gear from Mightytacoman Peddle Commander Throttle Calibrator Drivetrain: ECGS Front Differential 4.88 gears with Harrop E-locker ECGS Rear Differential 4.88 gears with stock E-locker Tom Wood's One-piece driveshaft Derale Transmission Cooler Derale Thermostatic Switch for fan Mishimoto Fan for transmission cooler Improved Racing Thermostatic Cooler Bypass and filter relocator for transmission cooler Electrical: Eaton RFRM Custom PDM 10 fused relay circuits, 10 fused circuits Feniex 4200 Mini Controller with MeSo Customs mount. LED Bulb Upgrade Front - Rigid D Series Pro - Flood Diffused Rigid D Series Pro - Spot Rough Country Midnight Series 20" single row ARB 9" knockoffs Rear - Rigid D Series Pro - Flood Diffused Communication: Midland MXT275 GMRS Radio Assorted GMRS Handhelds Suburban Assault Armor: MobTown Rock Sliders - Plated MobTown Tail Gate Reinforcement Brute Force Fabrication Plate Front Bumper Brute Force Fabrication HC Dual Swing-out Plate Bumper BAMF Full Skid Set Chaos Fabrication Bed Side Reinforcements Recovery: Superwinch Tigershark 11,500 SR Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Shovel Mattock ActionTrax Recovery Boards Straps & Shackles Exterior: Homertaco Ghost Raptor Grill Alpine Designs Offroad Cab Mount Relocation Brackets Fender Trim Firewall Massage Stubby TRD Antenna Weathertech Window Deflectors Toyota Hood Deflector Soft Tonnaue Cover Color Matched Canopy Custom Aluminium Box on Swingout Modified Bedslide Interior: MeSo Customs Maps Lights and Dome Light ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Relocate Bracket LostSheep's Ram Mount - Mount DynoMat Ram Mount X-Grips and Various Connectors UltraGuage Weathertech Floor Mats Chinesium A/C Knobs Horse Blanket Seat Covers.
    I am currently running SPC and the adjust-ability is a big part of the reason I am able to run 35s, the added adjustment is significant in these and I would only suggest them if you are in need of that function otherwise it is a waste.

MattCowsmasher and Trdpro1[OP] like this.
  13. Dec 21, 2017 at 7:19 AM
    jerzsubbie

jerzsubbie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davidson, NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 GX460
    I've been doing a ton of reading on these 2 as I'm thinking UCA's make sense when doing a 2-3" lift since I'll be in there swapping the other components anyway.

It seems like the SPC have a much large share of the market due to their price point and time in the market. It seems like JBA may be a slightly better built set and for the extra <$100, I think the better build quality, OE bushings, and fewer adjustments are worth the extra cost. Personally I like the colored powder coat vs black of the SPC too.

14. Dec 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    JBA's for the win, I have had Camburg, SPC's and these by far are the best I have ever had.

20729479_10209943137842761_8085224360285360390_n.jpg

15. Dec 21, 2017 at 7:30 AM
    DaveInDenver

DaveInDenver Not Actually in Denver

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Grand Junction
    Vehicle:
    2008 Super White TRDOR AC 6MT
    Unexceptional
    I'm satisfied with my Camburgs (unlike @Unchained 5150, I know) but the reason I went with them is the same reason the JBA would be my close 2nd - OE ball joints. In the case of mine it's a Moog equivalent but I could use Toyota if I wanted to spend the scratch for unneeded UCAs to get them. The JBA I believe uses a standard GM truck ball joint. Point being it's an advantage to me to use readily available components compared to proprietary parts.

16. Dec 21, 2017 at 7:30 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The trick is to set the SPC's and not tell the alignment shop about them. Where you located?

rlx02 likes this.
  17. Dec 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM
    EatSleepTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    I'm not sure where you're getting your prices, but JBAs are like $20 cheaper

OG_Tacoma and MattCowsmasher like this.
  18. Dec 21, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I can find LR/SPC UCA'S new for $375 shipped, how much can you find JBA's new?

jerzsubbie and MattCowsmasher like this.
  19. Dec 21, 2017 at 8:21 AM
    EatSleepTacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    Really? Where are you finding that price? That's impressive. My JBAs were $467 shipped to me.

20. Dec 21, 2017 at 8:24 AM
    txtaco87

txtaco87 Budget Travel Hard AF

Member:
    First Name:
    Nik
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DCSB
    PreRun hard AF
    SPC’s here, Love em!

MattCowsmasher and ChadsPride like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top