1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ulnar nerve transposition

Discussion in 'Health' started by windsor, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Dec 22, 2016 at 10:58 PM
    windsor

windsor [OP] Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Anyone else have an ulnar nerve transposition? I had mine done after a ulnar nerve release failed to be effective at allowing use of my arm without my hand going numb.
    Along with the transposition, the surgeon performed a Z flexor lengthening. The lengthening resulted in a depression with a bulge next to it.
    While I have had some relief, I am still getting light numbness in my two outer fingers if I keep my elbow bent for more than a couple minutes (working on car). Also, when I wake up in the morning, I get what I can best describe as the feeling of knife handing the side of my hand into a fire any mound. Lastly, and why I made this post, I get some pretty strong pain along the scar when exposed to cold. It is substantially worse when it gets cold water on it (basically feels like the scar is ripping open). I first noticed this when I went out during a cold rainy day without a jacket to grab something out of my truck.
    I have tried a couple different sleeves, including a sock with the foot cut off (yes, it was new and did not have a body attached at the time). Today I got an ACE compression sleeve (suggested by one of the doctors), but it won't work since it is actually aggravating the nerve even with my arm straight. I am considering ordering something along the lines of a shooters sleeve. I noticed that Under Armour has a shooters sleeve with a padded elbow. Nike has something similar. Has anyone tried those, or something like them? Any other ideas? Basically I need something that will provide a bit of insulation and maybe some padding to help prevent jolts of pain.
    Questions or clarifications? Let me know and I'll fix it in the AM. Not clear headed at the moment.

Products Discussed in

To Top