1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ULTIMATE 4Runner camping mod! Window up/down, lock/unlock, & open from back with no key in ignition!

Discussion in '4Runners' started by jessetoedtman, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Feb 20, 2018 at 9:52 AM
    jessetoedtman

jessetoedtman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Hey everyone cross posting this from a another forum as I figure there may be some interest on TW.

I got sick of having to crawl up to the front, put the key in the ignition and roll the rear window up or down to regulate heat while camping in my 4R, so I developed a kit that allows you to roll the rear window up and down with the ignition off as well as pop the rear hatch while camping.

(video is from a 4th gen, operation is identical)

I had to buy extra material when making the first kit, so I decided to put a few kits together and sell them. The reception was great on the kits, so I decided to market some more kits.

Kits include:

Harness A
    Harness B
    (pre terminated connectors on each harness)
    Up-Down DPDT Switch
    Momentary SPST Button
    6 zip ties
    2 spare Toyota panel clips (just in case you damage yours when removing rear door panel)
    1 spare Toyota interior trim clip (not shown; these are the pink compression clips) for 4th gens
    Full instructions

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Note, kits supplied with a slightly different wire than shown. I switched to a smaller wire for easier installation*

Installation shouldn't take more than an hour and there is no soldering. Very simple. I have a 10+ page PDF install specific to 4th gen and 5th gen installs with pictures and wiring charts.

Price is $50 shipped, and I have these harnesses built up and ready to go. Let me know if interested- jessetoedtman@gmail.com

nach73 likes this.
  2. Feb 23, 2018 at 8:31 AM
    Riding Dirty

Riding Dirty Sinner; saved by grace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Before: '16 TRD OR 4x4 AC QS//After: 17 T4R Pro 040
    PlastiDip
    That’s kinda neat.

3. Feb 25, 2018 at 9:19 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    I ordered Jesse's kit after seeing it posted on t4r.org. It's a nice addition to the truck and I hope to get a lot of use out of it while camping. He's a solid guy and this was a good transaction.

4. Feb 25, 2018 at 9:22 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Pretty nifty.

5. Feb 25, 2018 at 9:23 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.

Products Discussed in

To Top