1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ultimate lift install

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bill-e-boy, May 30, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    bill-e-boy

bill-e-boy [OP] new and improved

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    florence
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab lifted pre-Runner
    added factory roof rack, factory skid plate, removed cheesy running boards, built a pvc bike rack, added interior floor lighting, added decal plate under rear window, added sylvania silverstars, installed toytec ultimate 3" lift, added hella optilux yellow fog lights, added orange park lights to the turn signals, new 265/75/16 goodyear duratracs tires and raceline rockcrusher 16" wheels
    oops tires are 265/70/16...not 75..sorry my bad:eek:

more pics are up....funny..my tires don't look as big in the pics as they do in person..the pics from a distance make the tires look small, they look alot larger and aggresive than the pics show.

2. Jun 5, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    bill-e-boy

bill-e-boy [OP] new and improved

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    florence
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab lifted pre-Runner
    added factory roof rack, factory skid plate, removed cheesy running boards, built a pvc bike rack, added interior floor lighting, added decal plate under rear window, added sylvania silverstars, installed toytec ultimate 3" lift, added hella optilux yellow fog lights, added orange park lights to the turn signals, new 265/75/16 goodyear duratracs tires and raceline rockcrusher 16" wheels
    just about 1 week later....with the fresh lift and tires.....i'm sitting at 38" to the flares in front...and 38 1/2" to flares in rear.....I've got just a slight steering wheel shutter at 45-50 mph.

I'm thinkin' about raising the front another 1/2" and taking it back to the tire shop to see if they can check the wheel balance and maybe work out that shutter.

what do yall think......think I'll just have to live with the shutter or maybe they can balance the tires better????

Products Discussed in

To Top