1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultragauge users

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by igno1tus, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Jul 27, 2017 at 7:45 PM
    igno1tus

igno1tus [OP] Small member

Member:
    Lehigh Valley Area , PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road
    So I've had my ultragauge for about a week now and I've got most the gauges I want set up . I was wondering if there is a oil temp gauge? Also what are people using for cat temps , there are a lot of gauges involving cat temps , if anyone could enlighten me to which one to use .

What is absolute load vs engine load ?

What is relative throttle position vs throttle position % ?

Does the 07 Tacoma turn the injectors off when coasting down a hill

What about O2 sensor to use ?

Anyone know ?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Jul 28, 2017 at 5:03 AM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    Tacomas fuel cut on deceleration.

For the O2 sensors, you want Sensor 1 from Banks 1 and/or 2. If you're a 4 cylinder, you only have bank 1. Sensor 1 is the main O2, and sensor 2 is the after cat O2 sensor. You can either display raw voltage or lambda.

% Engine Load uses just air flow ratio (current divided by peak) to calculate load. Load Absolute % uses calculated brake torque. % Engine Load is probably the better choice.

Relative TP is a calculated value based on learned Throttle output closed, Throttle max output, and current Throttle output. Commanded TP is the throttle position set by the ECU.

No oil temp gauge that I'm aware of, but I've never looked. If you have the Ultragauge MX, there might be a code you can program like people do for transmission temps.

Never bothered with cat temp, but it should be similar to O2 with regards to bank 1/2. You'll have to play with them to figure out if you want sensor 1/2.

Print and read the manual. All this is in there except the decel bit.

TacoEspecial and igno1tus[OP] like this.
  3. Jul 28, 2017 at 9:44 AM
    igno1tus

igno1tus [OP] Small member

Member:
    Lehigh Valley Area , PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road
    Wow well thanks I didn't expect that explaination lol . So I probably don't really need to monitor any of those I mentioned ? It does so much . Do you think it's good to monitor the o2 sensors ? I have a 6 cylinder btw

So if tacomas cut fuel then I need to setup he ultragauge so it knows this ? I read in the book that you can tell it this

4. Jul 28, 2017 at 12:49 PM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    I don't think you need to tell it that it cuts fuel, but it's been a long time since I set mine up. I would have to read through the manual to check and don't have time right now.

I monitor my O2 sensor lambda reading because I'm running a piggyback and a separate wideband O2 sensor, so I can compare the two gauges and monitor changes I make. When tuning in closed loop, you trick the stock sensor to think it's running rich/lean to dump/cut fuel and monitor actual AFR with the wideband O2. Monitoring the stock O2 won't gain you much except maybe tell you if there is an issue with the gauge, but the ECU will start throwing codes anyway.

igno1tus[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top