1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unbolt factory skid plate

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by STLharry, May 17, 2009.

1. May 17, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    STLharry

STLharry [OP] Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 240k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
    So I just took my taco through quite a bit of mud, and well now its time to clean her. I can get the transmission skid plate off but i can't find the bolts for the frontmost one. theres a lot of mud under there so its hard to find them.

anyone know how to pull it off?

2. May 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    There are four 12mm bolts, 2 front and 2 rear. If you clean off the mud it's pretty easy to find.

3. May 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    STLharry

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
    hm... i saw 3 front and i can't find the rear. theyre all 12mm though, youre right

4. May 17, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    you have 3 on the front, and i believe on your skid, you have 4 more on the front skid......2 of them are up in there a good ways, you'll need an extension to get to them.

5. May 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    STLharry

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    alright ill go look now thanks a lot tacomaman

6. May 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    no prob man........the 2 that are up in there a ways will be a pita to see if you have alot of mud in the way.

7. May 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    STLharry

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    yea i found them. 3 up front and 2 more that were buried up in 3" of mud. the backmost 2 are for the other plate.

thanks again guys
    //end thread

To Top