1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Under seat Sub placement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TrueBLU08, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    TrueBLU08

TrueBLU08 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leigh
    Kennewick
    Vehicle:
    Blue 2008 Tacoma TRD
    FabTech 4" Lift with 35's
    What's up guys. I was thinking about putting a sub in and I was wondering where to put it. I figured under the seat would be pretty nice and out of the way. Pioneer makes an 8" sub that is also a shallow mount unit, it is 2.5" deep. I took out the tape and measured out the space under the seats. Its close, very close. Under the passenger sear the pisser is that there is a bar running along the length of the back that hangs down pretty far about 3/4" or so. So the only option is under the driver seat. For some reason that hanging bar thats on the passenger side is not also on the driver side. Don't ask me why. under the driver seat is where i used to store my CD's in a case and the case just fit under there. So i measured the case. It came out to about 2 3/4". It would be an extremely close fit if it fit at all. only one way to find out. Im not sure how i feel about sitting over a 500W sub.

2. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    [​IMG]

Thats what i would do, under the seat would give your ass a massage.:p JL audio Stealthbox. I would make my own and use 8'' instead of 10'' pictured.

3. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity

That would be nice because it keeps the seats open, but doesn't it lose your center consel?

4. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    ^^^^One of the reasons i dont have one. I also find the stock speakers with my JVC Arsenal head work great, enough sub for me. Its a good project though.

5. Sep 13, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity

I would really like to add a sub, but I don't want to lose the seats (even if they are super small) or lose my center consel storage

6. Sep 13, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    Take a look at the Focal bus 20 8'', Mounts on the back seat between the 2 back pads. Toyota has a factory one too.

DONT MOUNT IT IN YOUR DOOR. The vibration will distort it.

Tacoma Factory Sub
    [​IMG]

GO COUGARS

7. Sep 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    BCTacoma

BCTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Port Hardy, BC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Tacoma
    Toytec ULK, OME Dakars, Bilstein Shocks, Extended Brake Lines, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Pro Comp Steel wheels, Relentless Fab Front Bumper/Sliders
    That what i have in my truck, sounds great. it take up about 80- 90% of the console, but the truck has more than enough other storage spots for what i carry. pluse it wont work if you have the inverter option in your truck.

8. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    VanCity4x

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    ^^^^ Thats what that is, took of the back of the consol couldnt figure out that it was a inverter :facepalm:
    What size sub do you have and price?

9. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    BCTacoma

BCTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Port Hardy, BC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Tacoma
    Toytec ULK, OME Dakars, Bilstein Shocks, Extended Brake Lines, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Pro Comp Steel wheels, Relentless Fab Front Bumper/Sliders
    i got it for around cost a few years ago when i worked at a stereo shop. it's a 10'' sub. http://www.performancecarstereo.com/

10. Sep 14, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    tombiosis

tombiosis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    The JL Stealthbox is really nice...but its over 600 bucks! I'd love one if anyone has a used one...:D
    The bar under the passenger can be flipped around to make more room...you have to take the seat right out to flip it. I did this to make more room for the amp I installed under the passenger seat. Problem was that by flipping the bar around, a passenger under 200 lbs wouldn't activate the sensor for the auto air bag...so it said airbag off except when my very large friend rode in that seat. I flipped the bar back around, and the problem is solved now, but the bar now rubs the top of my amp and its hard to move the seat back and forth.
    There are a few threads about flipping that bar around...some have done it without issue, but for me it was a problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top