1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Uniball Upper Control Arm mounting issues

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ThatRedYota, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Feb 2, 2018 at 9:18 PM
    ThatRedYota

ThatRedYota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikola
    Vehicle:
    2003 Red Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Fox 2.5 IFP Coilovers, BTF uniball UCA's 295/75/r16 Toyo AT2s, front tube bumper (custom), rear tube bumper (custom), radiator guard, Assault light bar, Stereo, 3D printed Offroad switch panel/ mount
    I'm kind of typing this after spending a good 5 hours trying to make this work so I'm going to make it quick because it's pretty late. If anyone has installed total chaos or camburg UCA's on the their 1st gen or if you know otherwise help would be appreciated. The problem is the part below the uniball which mounts through the A arm will not sit flush with the A arm. It's ever so slightly off, maybe 1/16th of an inch. All the torque from the top bolt that runs through the uniball (and believe me I torqued the hell out of it) won't get it to sit flush and I obviously don't want to strip the thread. Tomorrow morning I plan on taking the A arm off and just getting solid even hits on the part with a sledgehammer so it's flush. So if anyone has any better suggestions before I get the A arm off I would appreciate feedback. Thanks!

2. Feb 3, 2018 at 6:15 AM
    tony2018

tony2018 Well-Known Member

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top