1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unusual video input conversion

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ryan20021982, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Feb 3, 2021 at 7:08 PM
    ryan20021982

ryan20021982 [OP] Monochrome Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Icon Stage 3 Fuel D726 17x9 -12 Falcon Wildpeak M/T's 285/70/17 Pro style headlights Auxbeam high and low beams Morimoto xb fogs Pro grill Smoked raptor grill lights w/ drl harness from r4t Hidden grill lightbar Anytime camera kit w/ front camera AVS bug deflector AVS window visors Meso ultimate turn signals Winjet smoked tail lights OEM tailgate lock kit Tinted windows APS iArmor Side steps Taco tunes 4ch and subwoofer amp All Kicker speakers Fox acoustics dual 10" box w/ Kicker subs All Meso interior lights Meso chrome interior delete kit Meso door handle covers Meso Stealth Pro shift knob Trd black exhaust tip Demon front hook mounts with hooks Spotter mirror glass Wheelers superbumbs w/ ubolt flip kit Durobumps in the front
    So I have an unusual conversion I need to do, my grandma has internet tv from the local cable company and the box has a coax output to send to other TVs and you can watch the same thing without paying for another box, she lives by herself so didn't need another box but recently had a stroke and my mom is staying there and has her tv in a spare bedroom which has the coax ran there ( I ran new lines there) and it appears the TVs coax input is a little messed up and comes out fuzzy, it changes if you wiggle the jack on the tv, tv is fine hooked up with rca or hdmi in the other room with the box, so I need to find a box that converts the coax to rca. The rf modulators are made to go the other way but do they work in reverse? And the analog to htdv convertors are made for antenna but will they work for just regular cable? She just needs to get a clearer picture by using a different input. Thanks for any help

2. Feb 4, 2021 at 2:58 AM
    PzTank

PzTank Stuck in the Well

Member:
    Above the Notches
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 AC SR5 4X4 4.0 Auto
    ‘07 OR leather shift knob
    I’d try a different coax cable first.

If you wanted to try a different route, check to see if the cable company offers a streaming app. Spectrum does and we can get cable channels over our wifi with a Roku stick without using a box.

I’ve got nothing on the conversion boxes you ask about. Try google.

Sorry your grandma’s in this situation. It’s terrific she has a daughter and grandson to help her out :thumbsup:

Good luck for a speedy and full recovery.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  3. Feb 4, 2021 at 6:29 AM
    ryan20021982

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Icon Stage 3 Fuel D726 17x9 -12 Falcon Wildpeak M/T's 285/70/17 Pro style headlights Auxbeam high and low beams Morimoto xb fogs Pro grill Smoked raptor grill lights w/ drl harness from r4t Hidden grill lightbar Anytime camera kit w/ front camera AVS bug deflector AVS window visors Meso ultimate turn signals Winjet smoked tail lights OEM tailgate lock kit Tinted windows APS iArmor Side steps Taco tunes 4ch and subwoofer amp All Kicker speakers Fox acoustics dual 10" box w/ Kicker subs All Meso interior lights Meso chrome interior delete kit Meso door handle covers Meso Stealth Pro shift knob Trd black exhaust tip Demon front hook mounts with hooks Spotter mirror glass Wheelers superbumbs w/ ubolt flip kit Durobumps in the front
    I know the cable is fine I tested it with another tv, and this is just a small town cable company and they don't have anything for apps. It's not bad but just has some weird lines running through it. I'll keep looking, I looked for about an hour last night before posting. Thanks

4. Feb 4, 2021 at 6:54 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    What about trying an inline amplifier?

5. Feb 4, 2021 at 7:49 AM
    ryan20021982

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    The signal is fine, a different tv works fine there, it's the jack on the tv that's messed up, I need to convert to a different input

6. Feb 21, 2021 at 5:02 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks

Products Discussed in

To Top