1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Update on x-mission TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rs1, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    rs1

rs1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Quincy, MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner V6 AT SR5
    I posted last week RE the lengthy 1-2 upshift issue with the A750 ATs in Tacos 2009 forward. TSB-0393-09 addresses this but only to the 2010s inclusive. I Emailed Toyota and they responded this was not approved for the 2011s. So I asked when would it be, and they said no plans to. They are basically kicking the issue back to the dealerships, saying speak to the factory rep about applying a TSB that is unapproved for a subsequent model year. I feel that decision should be left to the Toyota engineers, they’re the ones who designed the thing.
    Am I being too cautious? I don’t want to shred my transmission the first time it needs to upshift after pulling out of the dealer’s lot. Also, are these factory reps technically savvy enough to make that kind of decision?
    BTW, I need to thank you guys for your input, without it I’d still be stumbling around in an info vacuum.

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    ruskastud

ruskastud Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lenexa, KS
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    AVS Hood Shield & In Channel Ventvisors, Console Vault, Disable Seat Belt Chime, WeatherTech DigiFit Floor Liners, Lighted 4x4 Switch, Ultra-Gauge, Rear Spring TSB
    Wasn't this solved by the xmission reflash with the pedal cut? I had this done before the pedal cut reflash and it seems the same.......... 11's should have come with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top