1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrade or nay?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hutch606, May 8, 2012.

1. May 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM

hutch606 [OP] Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Hey...I have a 2005 4wd Access Cab with 4cyl/5sp @ 120k; it's great, it'll go anywhere, haul most anything, and get 22+MPG while doing so. However...I need more space (not so great with kid seats).

I'm looking at an 07 4wd DCLB TRD with 60k. I'm planning to swap my truck and $9k (or $10k) cash for his (he's asking $21500 and I'd planned to ask $12k).

So, thoughts? Is this a good deal, bad deal? I'm after a 4wd DCLB...but don't care about options or colors (just not bright red or bright blue). Anything specific to watch out for?
  2. May 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM

holyfield19 GO TIGERS!

Jan 13, 2011
    First Name:
    South Carolina
    06 DC TRD SR5 Sport 4X4
    LED lights inside and out,weathertech floor covers/window visors,17" Konig countersteer, 285/65 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Lifted, debadged,Satoshi. 10 disc cd changer. scanguage II. black tail lights, black headlights w/ retro murimotos. wet okoles up front. URD SS, and throw out bearing. USA Spec iPod adapter. OME full lift kit w/ Dakars. ATO shackle flip. Light Racing UCA's. Flyzeye V2W.
    For what it's worth, I have an 06' DCSB sport, a 5yr old and a 2 yr old. Even with two car seats in the back my wife still can sit between them if she needed to. DC's are great for the "family" truc. There is lots of room in the back, and still allows lots of room in the front as well. If we go on vacations or road trips we always take the truck b/c it has enough room for everyone/everything. My $.02.
To Top