1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

upgrades

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by robpad, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Feb 9, 2007 at 6:16 PM
    robpad

robpad [OP] Member

Member:
    I would like to upgrade the brakes on my 98 taco,it has front discs & rear drums. want to upgrade to discs front and rear with larger diameter fronts. Also thinking of lowering it by 1 to 2 inches, I have 15inch rims and 215/60r tires. Any suggestions

2. Feb 9, 2007 at 10:26 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    downey off road has a rear disc kit. for the front you can use the stoptech big brake kit made for the s-runners. eibach pro kit will give you a 1"/2" drop.

3. Feb 9, 2007 at 10:50 PM
    TACOMATruckin98

TACOMATruckin98 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    does downey make a rear disk for tacoma 5 lug? heard they only did pretaco and 6 lugs?

4. Feb 10, 2007 at 7:23 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    im pretty sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top