1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrading 2nd Gen Suspension - About Time...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Nicofrazco, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Jul 6, 2020 at 6:33 PM
    Nicofrazco

Nicofrazco [OP] New Member

Member:
    Aloha, I've been an avid reader of this forum for many projects to my 2010 4wd V6, however first time posting. I have been having trouble finding a concise guide towards helping me select the right upgrade for my Taco. As is, I've got no lift on it, and it's sitting on 265s and looks nice. The tires are relatively new and in good shape replaced just 2 years ago, so I'd like to make a strong upgrade to the suspension without incorporating too much lift so I don't have to change tires. I've been doing more work with the truck and notice as you push on it, it wobbles back and forth just parked for more than the acceptable one, two, stop. When I jump up in the back you feel your feet shake.

There is almost no rust underneath, but my leaf springs look flat and weak. Figured after 130k miles and a road trip across the country, its time for an upgrade. I was looking at the billstein 5100 front and rear shocks, but wasn't sure about replacing the front coil, or getting a new leaf spring set. Ideally I'd like to re-do the entire suspension on the truck, raise it 1" in the front and back, keeping the nose down a bit as is to accommodate load travel.

If anyone has a build suggestion, or any comments about what else I would need to build from the 5100's, it would be greatly appreciated! I recall years ago i looked into this build before and found a helpful link, however cant seem to find it now. Any information provided is greatly appreciated, mahalo!
    NF

2. Jul 6, 2020 at 6:41 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD

Products Discussed in

To Top