1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPS idiots

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by maxpower29, May 10, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    You must be starting a parts store... lol. I seen your post looking to get another set of rims. You must have a local buyer already?

Frank

2. May 14, 2011 at 5:38 AM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    No just seeing if I can sell them here for more. Some guy on Kijiji has a set up for like $1200. If he can sell for that much there would be a huge market here lol

3. May 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    I agree with this. I've always known it to mean, either you pay (Collect) when the package arrives (On Delivery) or they keep the package.

From the UPS website:

Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) Rely on UPS to collect payment for your shipment at the time of delivery
    Description UPS will attempt to collect the amount shown on the C.O.D. tag or package label, and then send the payment to you. If UPS cannot collect the payment after three attempts, the package will be returned.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/cod.html

Either way though, it sucks about your rims not showing up on time.

4. May 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Rims showed up monday, UPS is refunding the full price. Awesome news, but now I have to get it from the shipper who I got them from because it was his account. I paid asking price for the rims, and 100% of the shipping, so Im sure its only fair I get all the money back. Lets hope he feels the same.
    Am I right?

5. May 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    bkrdave36

bkrdave36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Double Cab Black
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
    I would say that you could be refunded the shipping charges but not the cost of the rims as you have them in your possession. Just my opinion....but then I drive for FedEx!

Of course you could move to the states and avoid all the customs bs.

6. May 30, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Ya I got the shipping money back but not the rim money.

7. May 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    bkrdave36

bkrdave36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Double Cab Black
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
    Maxpower

Glad you got your shipping money back. IMO I would end it at that, unless there is a defect in the rims or something. Then I would consider a full refund. But since you got the wheels, there is really no reason for a refund to be granted to you. Even though it took some grief to get them.

Hope things get better for you in the future!

Products Discussed in

To Top