1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPS Sucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ksj, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Dec 29, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    ksj

ksj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cavalry Blue TRD Pro
    265/70-17 KO2
    So I understand that weather can delay shipments. I can't understand why I sat here for the 2 days that my De Mello sliders were "Out for Delivery" again and didn't show up.

So I called UPS "customer service" and ran into some jerk who wouldn't answer questions, put me on hold because I tried to talk over him when he kept interrupting my questions so I could get them out, and basically was an asshole to deal with.

I've never dealt with customer service like this before and as a result will never, ever send something via UPS again. I will also not purchase from companies that only ship via UPS. If your company only ships UPS then you won't get my business as I'll never put up with that crap again.

2. Dec 29, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Why not send a complaint letter to UPS. This way UPS can fix the customer service issues. And other people won't have the same problem.

3. Dec 29, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    UPS is pretty awesome. I had a CF hood come from them for my old car that for three days said "out of delivery" and on the fourth day changed to "delivered"...even though I didn't get the package until the fifth day.

I just ordered some new hockey pads too that are coming via UPS and its taking 2 weeks est. time to be delivered from California...even though last time I ordered from the same site delivered by UPS it took 4 days. Annoying.

4. Dec 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^You would normally do that but with UPS it's pointless. They simply do not care about customer complaints. I posted in his thread on TN but I have (had) a long history dealing with UPS that was nothing short of aggravating and the further up the ladder you go, the worse it gets. I can't tell you how many times I've called to have them hold packages for pickup and they went out anyway or the times I've had stuff returned to sender because UPS never notified me of their delivery attempts.

But don't worry, you'll see the parade of happy UPS customers trot by shortly.

5. Dec 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM
    ksj

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    265/70-17 KO2
    I did send an email, but expect little if any response. There was a time when I had alot of respect and admiration for what UPS had done. They have steadily gone downhill over that last few years and this experience with their "customer service" was the last straw.

6. Dec 29, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^I mentioned Fedex and USPS Priority Mail in your TN thread. Both have bet nothing less than spectacular. I buy from Newegg.com a lot and I get stuff from CA in 2 days sometimes. UPS would take a week.

7. Dec 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    For some reason every package sent to my current address must be signed for, so I run into an issue w/ UPS alot where I'll be sitting in my living room all day waiting on something I really want/need only to have it not come...but then when I walk outside there will be a "sorry we tried to deliver but you weren't home" sticker on my door....funny how I never left my house, but I can see how ringing a door bell is strenious activity...

Yeah, I don't like them much either.

8. Dec 29, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    ksj

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    265/70-17 KO2
    Well there you go. One half of my shipment was just rescheduled for tomorrow. Never mind that just a little more than an hour ago I was being given crap by some a-hole CS rep that it would be delivered today for sure... God knows when the other one will be delivered.

9. Dec 29, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    Punisher

Punisher Billy Reuben

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    They are a great company who have to deal with some pretty petty customers.

10. Dec 29, 2008 at 10:58 PM
    ksj

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    265/70-17 KO2
    Yes, it's awfully petty for me to complain about needing to take 2 days (and now a 3rd) off so I can sign for a package. And who the hell do I think I am bitching about the company who's being paid to get them here and who's giving me shit because I have the nerve to ask when they will get them here.

Edit: BTW - they were originally scheduled for delivery on the 23rd. Today was the first call I made to see when they would arrive because it was about 8p and the driver hadn't shown up yet, though it still showed "Out for delivery". I also wanted to find out about the other slider, which was "Out for delivery" a week ago and then went to "Emergency Conditions Beyond UPS's Control". No other update.

According to their web site they only deliver till 7p, so i called to try to get a more definitive answer, but what I got was alot of shit instead.

11. Dec 29, 2008 at 11:12 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    I think USPS is the most reliable shipping company, but their tracking is absolutely horrible. might as well just not even check it's that bad.

I personally haven't had problems with UPS, USPS, or FedEx.

12. Dec 30, 2008 at 3:58 AM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    Every company has problems at times with performance and also with customer service. That is going to be true as long as humans are involved in the process.

One thing I do is have everything delivered to my office. That way someone else is available to sign if I am not around and the UPS driver is in the complex daily.

I have also had some items shipped to a Mailbox USA store when I was between offices. It cost a little more but since it is a location with regular traffic the route driver is more likely to deliver earlier.

I was waiting one time for an item and following it using the tracking. It said "Delivered" and I walked out front to see what was going on and I literally saw the back of the UPS driver going out my door. The system had updated itself that fast.

13. Dec 30, 2008 at 4:26 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I had a package on the way that got delivered to the wrong address, it ended up next door.

One night I received a package from UPS, but my BF was expecting one also and his didn't come, checked tracking and both showed delivered, now we are thinking his was delivered to someone else, well an hour later UPS returns and delivers his package...opps :mad:

14. Dec 30, 2008 at 5:17 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Its a "union" company.
    The hierarchy doesn't treat its employees well, why would they care about customer service? :rolleyes:
    I worked there PT many moons ago and have friends who work there both as drivers and dispatch. It hasn't changed though some regions are better than others.
    My best luck, even international is USPS and use them all the time, but shipping large items with them is expensive. I use FEDEX freight for larger items. However, my UPS driver is the absolute best guy when stuff does come UPS to my address.

15. Dec 30, 2008 at 7:14 AM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Not a huge fan of UPS. I get a lot of damaged stuff through them like the outer box being crushed or ripped. I received a textbook (hard cover and 300 plus pgs) practically folded in half. I'll choose any other service if I can avoid them.

16. Dec 30, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I think a lot of UPS's problems are local issues. I usually have stuff shipped to my work address and have never had problem with something shipped here. Ocassionally there is a damaged box but never to the extent that I had to file a claim. Proper packaging FTW! I did have a missed delivery with something that was home delivered that needed a signature but it was easilly resolved and they delivered it in the evening a couple days later.

17. Dec 30, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    YEs, UPS sucks!!! I just found out that that grill I ordered that was supposed to take 2-3 days, will now be here on Jan 5th! NY to TX

USPS has been great for me in the past.
    FED-Ex well they simply kick ass!
    DHL I havent used much, but they seem to be better then UPS

18. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:00 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    I have had more trouble with FedEx ground than UPS. I also have everything delivered to my business address so I can get it without the hassles of trying to meet the driver at home. I deal with UPS daily however from a commercial account standpoint and I have no major complaints. I think it has more to do with ours being a large account and so we get great service. The few times I have had to deal with them from the residential side it has been nothing but letdowns. It is to the point that whenever possible I will redirect the package to my work address to avoid headaches. I still think that the absolute worst was DHL ground though.

19. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:03 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    the guy that delivers to my house just signs for the things himself. Left a 10k part on the front porch...what would have happened if that disappeared. I HATE UPS and USPS. Never had a problem with Fed Ex but it seems more companies use ups and usps than fed ex.

20. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I have had good and bad issues with all of them, and could go into great detail. I have items now waiting to be delivered by UPS. Hopefully I won't have any issues :)

Products Discussed in

To Top