1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD MAF CAL vs Doug Thorley LT

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by SMG26, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Mar 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM
    SMG26

SMG26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Woodstock,GA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Injen CAI, JBA exhaust pipes 2.5" w/magnaflow muffler, Doug Thorley Long tube headers, URD MAF CAL and O2 sim,Access roll up cover, AVS Wind deflectors, coverking seatcovers, grillcraft upper/lower grille, Halo projectors w/6000k HID and pop lock on tailgate.
    Hey Everybody,

I am interested in getting either the URD MAF cal w/plug n play or the Doug Thorley long tube headers w/ 02 sim. they are about the same price. Questions about the doug thorley headers how hard is it to install the 02 sensor. Also I live in Georgia would emissions fail me if I installed these headers. What performance gains are there. Also if you where me which would you choose. Any answers would be great.

2. Mar 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    SMG26

SMG26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Woodstock,GA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Injen CAI, JBA exhaust pipes 2.5" w/magnaflow muffler, Doug Thorley Long tube headers, URD MAF CAL and O2 sim,Access roll up cover, AVS Wind deflectors, coverking seatcovers, grillcraft upper/lower grille, Halo projectors w/6000k HID and pop lock on tailgate.
    any bumps

3. Mar 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM
    pumo420

pumo420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Sr5 Debadged
    silver star headlights, optima yellow top battery, 2X10 mtx thunder 4500 speakers, kicker kx 400 amp, pioneer headunit, injen air intake, flowmaster dual exhaust, doug thorley long tube headers. waiting to put on urd maf caliberater, urd o2 senser, urd supercharger and 7th injector setup.i Fell
    i would go with the long tubes first then the maf calibrater, o2 simulatar and plug and in play, when you order the maf and the o2 chip urd can have both of those chips wired in the plug and play harness that way you can just plug the harness in and not worry about splicing.

4. Mar 29, 2009 at 1:15 AM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    I'd get the headers which will yield better performance. o2 sim is a simple 6 wire hookup.

If you get the headers plan on changing the muffler out because it will sound bad with the stock setup which causes rasp from removing the front 2 cats.

5. Mar 29, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top